Chapter 5

Writer's POV:

Serkan was supposed to have arrived in Italy 1 hour ago, Engin and Piril tried calling him but he didn't answer they just assumed that he was busy doing something. Kaan tried calling him multiple times and when he didn't answer he called Leila to check on his plane. Leila found out that Serkan's plane didn't leave and that he was stabbed. The pilot told her that he is now in surgery at the hospital. Leila called Engin, Piril, Kaan, Aydan, and Ferit. They all rushed to the hospital when they arrived they found out that he was still in surgery and there is no information to be given out at the moment. Ferit called Eda to tell her since he thought that they were still dating. Eda's heart sank at hearing his words, she didn't know what to do but her mind went straight to Cenk's threat and knew that this was all her fault. She rushed to the hospital where she learned that he is now better and has to stay there for a couple of days to make sure that nothing else happens.

Eda's POV:

I felt heartbroken as I entered his hospital room and saw the machines attached to him. I knew it was my fault, I knew that if I had told him everything could have been better. But now all I could do was pray that he will make it out of here. I didn't care if he didn't talk to me ever again. All I cared about at the moment was to know that he was alive and better. The doctors had entered the room a couple of minutes later to check on him, they said that only one person was allowed to stay, no matter how many times Aydan had asked to have more than one person stay the doctors rejected her request. Even though I had no right to do so, I just said "I will stay with him" right when the doctors left. Aydan was shocked and she kept arguing and she said "No, you all go I won't leave my son here". I could tell she was just as worried about him as I was, she started getting frustrated when I said I would stay but I was about to lash out at her until I looked in her eyes and saw fear instead of anger. Then it hit me that Aydan wasn't angry, she was just scared that she would lose Serkan just like she lost his brother. I reassured her that if there are any changes I will call her right away, it took some convincing at first but then she finally gave in. Engin and Piril had taken Aydan home and decided it would be best to spend the night there with her to make sure that she was ok. Ferit and Ceren stayed back with Eda for a little while and she told them about what Cenk had said a couple of hours before Serkan's incident. They both eventually left and I entered Serkan's room. I felt a pain in my chest as I saw him lying there helpless. I pulled the chair closer to his bed and held his hand and then eventually dozed off.

Writer's POV:

It has been a day and a half ever since Serkan went to the hospital, because of his surgery they have been giving him some pain killers that prevent him from waking up earlier. Everyone had come to check on Serkan and they found Eda looking tired as hell from getting up every two hours with a nightmare and checking on Serkan. They all told her to go home, rest and freshen up. Eda as always was stubborn and Aydan convinced her that she would be here and if anything happens she will call her. Ceren decided to go home with Eda to make sure that she was alright. Ferit and Ceren had hired a private investigator and got the police involved in this case. The private investigator Fifi Yildrem was working with the police officer Efe Akaman on trying to figure out where Cenk could have disappeared to. They always updated Ceren and Ferit. After Eda freshened up and went downstairs to drink some coffee with Ceren she learned that there was an investigator and the police involved in this case which calmed her down a little bit. After a little bit of talking Ceren told Eda that when Serkan wakes up it's best if she tells him about Cenk before the police talks to him. Eda thought for a while and realized that she was right; she was about to tell Ceren something when her phone rang. It was Aydan. Serkan had finally woken up. They both rushed to the hospital immediately.

Eda's POV:

Right when Aydan hanim had called me I rushed to the hospital with Ceren without thinking about anything. On the ride there I started to get a hundred different feelings. I didn't know what was going to happen when he saw me. I took a deep breath and we entered the room. I asked Engin how he was and then they all decided to leave us alone for a while. I walked closer to his bed and then sat on the side of it putting his hand in mine. He looked at me in confusion for a while but didn't say anything. I tried to read his eyes but it was almost impossible to read it, it was like he rebuilt his walls the moment we broke up. I took a deep breath and just said "Serkan...there is something important I need to tell you". I saw him turn his head to look at me and just nodded for me to continue. I told him everything about Cenk and the threats I received from him. When I finished everything he said "Was that the reason you broke up with me", I looked down and just said a sad yes. I was surprised when he held my hand tighter and said "I understand and I don't blame you". I didn't know what to do at that point but all I did was just caress his cheek as I was about to give him a peck on his lips we heard a knock and the doctor entered. The doctor checked his vitals and wound, then said that he would be discharged later today but he needs to clean his wound every couple of hours in order not to cause an infection. It was about 5 in the evening when we left the hospital and arrived at Serkan's house. I decided to stay and take care of him until he was physically healthy again.

Serkan's POV:

When she told me the reason for why she broke up with me I was shocked, I wanted to tell her that she should have still told me from the beginning but after seeing the pain in her eyes I understood why she did it. She was only trying to protect the people she cared about by sacrificing herself and her heart in the process. I still couldn't fully forgive her for shutting me out of her life like that but I tried my best to understand her.  At dinner she was going to tell me a couple things about what happened the days after we broke up I was smiling at her, feeling proud of all she was able to accomplish at her university despite all the circumstances. When she started to talk about her internship with Kaan my expression changed. I tried my best to hide it by looking down but I should have known nothing ever gets past her. She immediately caught that and asked "Serkan what's wrong, do you feel any pain?" I looked up to meet her gaze and locked eyes with her without even thinking I just blurted out "Why did you go to Kaan's firm instead of mine". She looked at me like I said the dumbest thing in the world. She took a deep breath then said "Because I didn't know what was between us Serkan and I didn't want to jeopardize my career with something that might've not even last." I can't say that her words didn't sting but I just tried to stay calm. I knew it would take a longer time to go back to the way we were before but it was just impossible. The next morning Fifi and Efe came, I was told that they were the people trying to find Cenk. Eda and I sat with them and we answered all of their questions about what happened.

Writer's POV:

Serkan was tired of having to live all the events over and over again when everyone asked him what happened. It has been a week now since the incident and Serkan was allowed to go back to work. Eda kept telling him to stay home and rest for a little bit longer but he just said that he was fine and left, she returned home and started doing some studying for her University since she was supposed to graduate in a couple weeks. Things between her and Serkan have been starting to go back to normal. They got back to their usual routines but it felt like they had never broken up. Both of them were glad when they talked everything out the day Fifi and Efe came to Serkan's house. Eda and Serkan were going on a walk after they had dinner when they received a call from Efe saying that Cenk has been caught and he admitted to everything. Efe also reassured them that he won't be getting near them anymore and there will be charges against him. After they hung up with Efe it was like a weight was lifted off their shoulder. They called everyone else to inform them of the news. Engin as always decided to throw a party and invited Fifi and Efe. Everyone was at the party when they were stunned to find Fifi and Efe walk hand in hand. It was one of the most beautiful scenes. They all thought that they were a perfect couple. Serkan and Eda kept looking at each other as if they were saying something with their eyes, she was so confused on what was happening. Later the lights all turned off and there was a spotlight on the stairs at the office. It was Engin. He started by saying how he was happy that everything turned out well in the end. Then he went on to something he has been planning for months with Serkan. He went down from the stairs and walked towards Piril with Erdem, his assistant helping move the spotlight. When he was right in front of Piril he took her hand and said "Piril, you have been the person I've loved for many years, and the person I will continue to love no matter what. You are the most beautiful, caring, hardworking, and talented person I have met in my entire life. No offense Serkan" Everyone laughed at Engin's last comment, then he went on to continue "since I met you my life has never been the same you have changed me and brought the better person out of me, I can't ever picture my life without you, so will you marry me Piril" he said while going down on one knee. Piril yelled "yes"  and everyone started cheering for them. They were all so happy it was a good ending to a very crazy week and a half.

Author's Note:

Alright so first off I apologize for the drama in the last chapter and I wanted to make it up to you guys with this chapter. I hope you liked it. After a couple of dramatic moments it was best to give some romantic and love sides to this story. The second thing that I wanted to say is that in either the next chapter or the chapter after it will be Eda's graduation so be prepared for that. This chapter wasn't as long as I wanted it to be but I felt that you guys needed this chapter after all the drama in chapter 4. As always thank you for reading and remember to vote and comment. See you soon! ❤️