Chapter 9

The Wiggles let the Oompa Loompas row until they came to a door marked "Inventing Room".

"The map says to stop here" said Jeff.

 The Oompa Loompas stopped the boat and the Wiggles entered the inventing room.

"Mr Dankworth? What exactly are we supposed to be solving here" said Greg.

"This factory may seem beautiful on the outside, but it has a secret that you must find" said Dankworth's voice.

"But what is it?" said Murray.

"All shall be revealed" said Dankworth's voice.

The Wiggles went inside the inventing room.

Everything was much more metallic and there was more machinery than the previous room.

"Now, you may explore this room. But do NOT mess about. No touching, no tasting, no telling" said Dankworth's voice.

"No telling what?" said Anthony.

"No telling anyone what you find. Everything in this factory, as you've seen, is unique. But this room holds the most secret things. So do not touch anything" said Dankworth's voice.

"Yes sir" said the Wiggles in unison.

They split up to look at things. 

Jeff looked at a round pool of blue liquid. Oompa Loompas were dropping candies in it.

"Hey, Wiggles. Check this out" said Jeff.

"What are those?" said Greg.

Murray read the label. "Everlasting gobstoppers"

"What's that mean?" said Jeff.

"I think it means that when you suck these candies, they last forever" said Greg.

"Wow! I wonder why they never sell these things" said Anthony.

"Mr Dankworth said it's a real big secret" said Murray.

The four Wiggles went to another machine.

The machine was running, and as it turned off, a stick of gum came out.

Murray took the gum and said "This place makes chewing gum too?"

"Looks like it." said Greg.

"And look. This card here says that this is the best gum in the universe" said Jeff.

"What's so great about it?" said Anthony.

"It says that it's an entire three-course meal" said Jeff.

"And it's gum" said Greg.

"Wa-hoo! A chewing gum meal" said Anthony.

"This I gotta try" said Murray.

"But Mr Dankworth said not to" said Greg.

"How bad can it be? It's just gum" said Murray popping the gum in his mouth.

"What's it taste like?" said Anthony.

"It tastes like... tomato soup! It's delicious! Nice and creamy. I can actually feel it sliding down my throat" said Murray.

"Wow! I should try the next piece" said Jeff.

"Hey! The second course is coming! Now it's roast beef and baked potato with butter! It's wonderful!" said Murray.

"Wow, Murray! The Wiggles are gonna be the first people to have dinner just by chewing gum" said Anthony.

"What's for dessert?" said Jeff.

"Oh, here it comes! It's blueberry pie and ice cream! It's the most wonderful blueberry pie I've ever tasted" said Murray.

"Wa-hoo! The best kind of pie!" said Anthony.

"This is the greatest gum ever!" said Jeff.

"I'm still not completely sold on this" said Greg.