Introduction

I woke abruptly to my curtains being swung open and the light shining brightly into my room.

"Time to wake up!" My roommate shouted with glee.

I groaned and pulled the cover over my head. I hated when Maria did this. I try to sleep through the day so that working nights wouldn't be so hard, and tonight..I had to work.

"Maria, you know why I'm trying to sleep so please...let me." I begged.

"No way! It's freaking noon! And you still haven't told me about your doctors appointment went yesterday..." Maria said as the bed dipped with her weight.

I peaked out at Maria, her colorless figure waiting expectantly.

"Fine." I sat up rubbing my eyes. "They were baffled. They said that my eyes showed all the signs to see color, but it's like they...didn't want to I guess."

"Wait so like...no detached nerves or anything?"

"No. Trust me they looked everywhere. At this point I think they're just going to do nothing. It's not going to kill me or anything so...I don't know." I shrugged. "I just have to live with it."

"Well you know what! We are not gonna let it beat us down! Color is so boring anyway! Who needs it!" Maria said getting up and waving a finger in the air. "The next night your off work we are gonna stay up and watch The Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings!"

"Yeah...alright...but..." I started to say I've already watched them a thousand time already but I silenced myself, we can make it a thousand and one.

"But what?" Maria said, a sad look coming over her eyes.

"Nothing, I was just gonna say I work the next two nights in a row. But it doesn't matter."

"Great! Oh and we can pizza and wings from that place down the street. Ah! I can't wait!"

Maria left my room with an excited hop, I followed behind in a slump.