10 - Grave of the Forgotten Queen

2 Days Later (Friday, December 4th):

Palace of Velarus (Festival Grounds) - Amelia P.O.V.

It's the third day of the festival and it's just as crowded now than it was when I opened the event back on Wednesday. Misty's birthday is coming up so I'm exploring the grounds to find a good gift for her. Sure, I get the 'good job' from people who saw me start the festival the other day along with a few pats on the back and took a few selfies with my future people - all in the life of a future Queen which is now my life since I chose this for myself. I stop at this one booth eyeing a pendant that caught my line of sight. "Misty will love this," I whisper to myself as I pay for the pendant. The shop trader bags it before handing it and my debit card back to me. "Thanks," I wave back walking away. The second I turn around; I spot my human friends walking up to me. "Hey!" I get their attention.

Melinda runs up high fiving me. "Hey, girl," she wraps me in a hug along with the rest of my friends. "School's not the same without you."

"Yeah," Jolene breaks the hug as do the rest of my friends. "It's been way too long."

"It certainly has," I put my bag into my purse and show my wand to my friends. "Being a witch has certainly expanded my horizons."

Matt snatches my wand from me. "Your wand is way cooler looking that Jessica's." He looks around. "Where is she anyway?"

"Right here, dumbass," Jess's voice gets his attention. She sits to his left. "Too bad we can't use our spells on regular people without permission - that would prove to be problematic."

"Whatever," Melinda snaps at both me and Jess, "I swear, you two don't know what a phone is and you both have one."

I take my wand back from Matt but Devin grabs it from me. "We can't help it," I defend myself and Jess, "we've been busy if you've been following the news."

"Yeah, we saw you two on the news with that whole thing in Rivalon which was awesome by the way," Devin looks my wand over before giving it back to me.

"Thanks, but things are about to get crazier," Jess explains to our gang. "I have to lead the negotiations between reps for the business leaders and the farmers - fun."

"Which is why we might need your help," I explain to the gang like the good days back at our old school.

Jolene, Matt, Devin, and Melinda all look at each other with the same evil smile we always got when we agree on a prank. "What's the plan?" they all say pleasing us.

"If things so south on my end," Jess adds to the situation regarding the planning committee, whom we all pranked a year and a half ago, "and I'm almost positive they will, I'll call you guys to initiate an old favorite: Operation Storage Buffet."

Devin quickly stands up. "Wow, we haven't resorted to that one in a long time." He turns to the rest of our friends. "I guess we have work to do."

Melinda flashes a smile running off. "We'll have everything ready so whenever you call." She leads the rest of the group away from us.

Jess pats me on the back walking back to the palace. "I'll grab Danielle and head to City Hall. I'll let you know what comes of it."

"Good luck," I wave to my best friend as she walks off. Turning around, Meghan walks up with three bags in toe. "Hey, doing some shopping?"

Meghan sits down leaning on my right arm. "Yeah, I thought I'd enjoy myself a bit before we got down to the reason we're here after all. What brings you out? You're hardly without Misty these days other than practice."