15 - End of the School Year: Nature's Glaze

9 Days Later (Monday, April 12th):

Delphora Principal's Office - Valerie P.O.V.

There's only four weeks left in the school year and there's a ton to do. Fewer students are leaving campus on jobs with finals right around the corner; at least I'm glad they're taking their studies seriously. Today, I have the Desura team on a mandatory check in with the school doctors after seeing Amelia go through a press conference with cuts all over her. I'm reading their report on what happened and it sounds like Amelia took one hell of a beating from those crooks before Darius' students stepped in. Bella called me that following Monday and she was pissed that she wasn't informed that I had Amelia out on a job like that but whatever. I did tell her that the kids now have the five artifacts of light so they can do their spell lifting the curse on all of Sarvalis.

"Hello again, little sis," my brother's voice echoes in my office making my skin crawl.

"Don't do that, Zach," I warn him as his purple mass forms in front of me. "I still haven't gotten used to you acting like that."

"Hopefully, it won't last much longer once our next Queen lifts the curse on the country."

I shake my head at my brother; he's been cursed since Braxus shifted part of his burden to him. "Chill out, the kids told me this morning that they're going to lift the curse sometime next week. They still need to recover after Desura - especially Amelia who's still in rough shape."

"I can imagine. Taking the full force of a wind-elemental attack is foolhardy but the girl proved her resilience on that job."

"True but Bella isn't happy with me though."

"Come on, sis, put it this way: the last rulers we've lived under wouldn't lift a finger for a bug but this girl put her own life on the line for a museum exhibit and her friends. Maybe she'll be what Alison couldn't be."

"Maybe." I continue sorting out applications for next year.

3 Hours Later:

Angel Dorm - Misty P.O.V.

Poor Amelia has been bedridden ever since she got back to campus. I know spring break was supposed to be a week to relax before we finish the school year but she looks like hell ran her over. Em told me that Amelia has basically been sleeping like this ever since they finished their recent job in Desura because according to her, William said that she used most of her magic defending the museum exhibit. That's my girl for you; she's always overdoing it. I saw her when she got back from seeing Dr. Calloway and she's still flinching with every move she makes. I left her in our room asleep because the doctor ordered her on bedrest until Wednesday. I'm worried for her but not as her girlfriend but someone who doesn't like to see her hurt like this. I walk into the common room seeing Em trying to fix her axe. "Hey," I sit down watching her take this carving tool to reshape her axe.

"What's up?" Em doesn't even take her eyes off her weapon; she really takes care of that thing. Putting her weapon down, she turns to me. "How was your spring break? We haven't talked since we got back."

"Busy. My family is a nightmare but I did manage to smooth things over with some of my relatives but they are as conservative as you wouldn't believe."

"I can imagine. How's Amelia? She spent the entire break in bed and I hear she's still sleeping."

"Yeah, she came back from Dr Calloway's office earlier with a notice that she's on mandatory bedrest until Wednesday. I really wanted to spend time with her when we're not in class."

"I know but when the six of us who went to Desura went to see Dr. Calloway together, he said that Amelia used a lot of magic in that fight we got smacked around in." Emily hangs her head frowning in frustration. "I got knocked out but that girl in your room, she stood firm and held her ground until William and his friends showed up."