13 - Prank Week

The Next Day (Monday, February 15th):

Delphora Academy Front Gate - Valerie P.O.V.

I'm standing at the front gate with Betsy as Misty, Amelia, and Dylan get their bracelets scanned at the gate before entering the grounds with their backpacks full of clothes on them. However, I'm surprised to see that Mira is with them. "Hey kids," I wave them over to me and Betsy all smiles. "How was Cordala?"

Misty hands me the folder detailing their report on what happened. "It was . . . something," she tells me holding Amelia's hand. "Seeing the Heart of Listrala was all I wanted it to be."

"Yeah, after William helped me track it down after that Anthony Wilson character who broke out of Arsola stole it," Amelia holds her head sighing in frustration. "It's all in the report."

Betsy hugs her charges relieved they're back. "Isn't he that spy student from Solarium Academy?"

"Yes ma'am," Misty answers back. "He also lives in Cordala like I do; he and Mira were in town after they both completed different jobs so Amelia asked for their help."

Mira hands me a folder holding the report from her last job. "And it's a good thing we joined them too," she adds to the discussion, "because Dylan and I helped improve Arsola's security system."

Dylan stands all proud of his work. "Their security system was a joke to all magical people," he explains with this cocky smile. "Mira and I put in all sorts of upgrades to make sure no one can do what he did ever again."

I glance through the girls' report seeing something interesting. "How did you find the artifact anyway, Amelia?"

"With the scrying spell Queen's Vision," Amelia answers back causing my eyes to go wide-eyed. I can't believe what I'm hearing: she mastered one of the five ancient spells? "Anthony Wilson's dad and William helped me with it."

"Wow," is all I can say. "Well girls, I'll look deeper into your report when I get a chance and I'll look at yours too, Mira. Today is a faculty workday so there are no classes. Head to your dorms and get some breakfast."

"Yes ma'am," they all say before walking off to their dorms. I turn to Betsy shaking her head. "That was unexpected. Whatever happened in Cordala over the weekend has made all of them stronger and smarter for it."

"Let's read the report and see what's what," Betsy suggests leading me to my office.

Meanwhile:

Angel Dorm - Lance Bordeaux P.O.V.

It's a new day and it's my turn to cook breakfast so it's a pile of oatmeal for those who do eat it like me. I set the box on the counter when someone snatches it from me. "You're joking, right?" I look up seeing Damon standing next to Albert. "Are you trying to start a riot?"

"What?" I snatch a second box from the cabinet above the sink. "Some of us like oatmeal, you know?" The next thing I know, Damon is taking a carton of eggs from the fridge. "I told everyone I have breakfast down, man," I snatch the carton from him.

"No offense, man," Albert comes back helping Damon take some things out, "but the last you cooked for us, half the dorm ended up with food poisoning."

I roll my eyes seeing these two scoffs at my cooking; I'm pretty good if I say so myself. "Relax, it's all good and I promise not to poison anyone."

"That's what you said last time," Damon snaps back at me causing us to embroil in an argument.

Emily P.O.V.