Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The ride back to school was silent; the only words spoken were him asking if I was in pain every now and then. My heart felt like it was beating a thousand times a second, and I'm sure Luke could tell there was something on my mind.

"Alright, what's up? You've been silent this whole time, is something wrong?" Luke asked

"No. You weren't talking either. There's no reason to talk, you're my teacher!" I exclaimed, a sharp tone in my voice.

"I was just asking. And err, about what happened. That doesn't mean things need to be awkward between us. We have an entire year of school, let's just let it go. Ok?" Luke asked kindness in his eyes.

I nodded my head and jumped out of the car, only now realizing we were back at school. I made a move to step out of the car before remembering i was currently a cripple.

"How about a wheelchair?" he asked, a joking undertone seeping through his voice.

I slowly climbed into the chair he was offering and sank down, instantly feeling better.

"We finally got in contact with your mother. She said she was in Texas for a meeting, but if she needed to she would take the first flight home," Luke said, pushing me into school.

"Not necessary." I grumbled.

"That's what I said. Then, I offered to let you stay at my house, since she was only comfortable letting you stay with responsible school staff after having surgery, it will only be a few nights and it's really not a big deal. I asked all your other teachers if you could stay at their house, but only Mr. Reynolds agreed, and he had a weird look in his eye. It didn't feel right." Luke trailed off

"Wait?! What. I'm supposed to stay at your house?!" I shrieked, letting the words he just said sink in.

"Umm, yeah. For the rest of the week."

"But its Monday!" I gasped,

______________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! I know its short, but I hadn't posted in a while, so. Also, I really appreciate your comments and votes, seriously you guys make my day. Please pose more and keep reading! Sorry for the long wait! Btw- the more votes and comments, the faster i post! Thanks!