Chapter 22.

________

3RD POV
________

.

.

The courtroom exploded into chaos when those who didn't like the woman began throwing accusations left and right to her obvious disfavor.

"What? she's an outsider..? How is that possible?"

"I KNEW IT! NO ONE HERE CAN BE THIS DARK! SHE'S A WITCH! LET'S GET RID OF HER!"

"WHOSE TO TELL SHE'S NOT THE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TITANS ATTACK? THAT MUST BE IT!"

"SHE'S A DEVIL WE ALLOWED THROUGH OUR ALMIGHTY WALLS!! SHE SHALL BE PUNISHED-"

With the public mostly composed of merchants, nobles, and Wallists, shouting more far-fetched accusations at her, Eren Mikasa and Armin looked at their sister with a stunned look.

She wasn't from the walls...?this wasn't possible right...?

Did Colith lie to them..?

"...Colith is that true...?" Eren's weak voice managed to reach her ears despite the loud commotion occurring at the moment. Her golden orbs slowly shifted to the kneeling teen who held an imploring look as if telling her to reassure him.

She sighed and quietly spoke so only he could hear, "remember when I told you I would say more about me later...? Guess you won't have to wait."

"...Huh?"

Colith felt Armin and Mikasa's shocked gaze on her and swiftly threw them an 'I'll explain later' look which made them hesitantly nod. They loathed the idea of their big since being in this situation because they knew she was a good person! She must have a reason to hide her origins, that must be it! The two hated the disdainful comments she was receiving but wanted to hear her out.

This was a dick move from the MPs after all the shit she had to do to lessen their burden and that's the thanks she gets? She wasn't having it. She threw a cold glare right at Nail who felt a sudden fear invade him, immediately regretting his decision when cruel gold stared right into his soul. He felt like he was trapped between the claws of an unknown feral beast which, if it wanted, could easily put an end to his pathetic existence with a simple crunch. Thankfully for him, her eyes left his figure when she heard Zackley loudly slap the table, having enough of the ruckus, which put an end to the terrifying visions he was getting. The man quickly blinked.

'w-what h-happened....?'

"ORDER! The session has not finished yet! If you wish to assist further to it, I recommend you all to keep calm or I'll have to dismiss everybody excluding the military, am I clear?!", the threat immediately stopped the commotion to the man's delight, "Good. Cadet Tobe is that true that you are, as commander Nail stated, not a citizen of the walls?"

All eyes were on her as they waited for her answer. If she was indeed an outsider, it would sign her death warrant since she'd be seen as a spy thus, a potential threat to 'humanity'.

The tension was at its peak as they all watched Colith, even the Survey Corps Commander was watching her in anticipation. Erwin was aware of the sheer power she displayed during the attack, through most cadet's and garrison soldier's testimonies and it obviously would be a waste to have her executed now that she was willing to fight alongside them, even if in the end they'd get Eren.