Chapter 5.

_______

3RD POV
_______

.

.

The gorgeous orange sky marked the sun's slow descent, promising a breathtaking view.

It could have been a delight for anyone eager to appreciate it if not for the massive yellow flash and the ensuing thunderous roar that rudely interrupted the scene.

All of Shiganshina's residents looked up, rattled and bewildered, directing their gaze toward the origin of the commotion, collectively wondering what on earth was going on.

Steam billowed behind their so-called 'safe haven,' a massive hand slamming heavily onto the wall, bringing with it the menacing head of the creature it belonged to.

Terrified cries echoed through the district as the monstrous being observed the humans, treating them as mere insects. In the blink of an eye, a colossal kick obliterated one of their sole defenses against the Titans.

[845, The fall of Wall Maria had begun.]

.

.
_______

1ST POV
_______

.

.

Well, seeing it firsthand is even more messed up.

People were running around like crazy, screaming their heads off, normal, considering the man-eating giants doing their favorite activity : Eating.

I was hopping from roof to roof, trying to prevent any Titans I encountered from chowing down on the locals.

Yep, my not-so-bright self told them to spare the scouts, not the regular humans.

"I'm so fucking stupid! Dammit!" I growled, more angry at myself than at them. Honestly, it wasn't even their fault but fuck! I interrupted another titan's snack time by shooting it the most menacing glare I could muster. It shuddered in fear upon seeing my furious figure in the distance.

"You feeling clever now? Brace yourself for an ass-whooping next time our paths cross, now Scram! " I said telepathically, narrowing my eyes with a steely edge.

The titan promptly dropped its meal, probably wetting its nonexistent pants, and then sprinted towards the entrance. The other titans, bewildered, turned to look at him, but confusion turned to apprehension as they caught sight of my furious gaze. They, too, backed away, wanting no part of the impending wrath.

Soldiers observed the scene, their faces a mix of confusion and surprise, but they pressed on with rescuing the survivors.

Thanks to my active stealth, only the Titans could track my movements. No human contact meant a bit of peace of mind, given the circumstances! I swiftly dispatched a few clones as soon as I realized my mistake; otherwise, this mess would've been even worse!

After intimidating yet another titan, I hurried toward the Jaeger household, or what remained of it, only to witness the lifeless form of Carla being devoured by Dina. My eyes went blank.