11. Ball Throw

Finally, it was my turn for the ball throw. The nerves started getting to me as I made my way to the circle.

~~

I cleared my mind and focused my energy into my hand which held the ball.

Normally, I would have just used my energy like telekinesis and just move the ball forward.

But after seeing the powerful throw from Bakugo, I didn't want to look weak.

I pulled my arm back and held it there for a second. Then I slung my arm forward and blasted out all of the energy in the last second.

It made the throw look a lot like Bakugo's but except the fact that it was not like his version of an explosion, I also didn't yell 'die' so you can't say I copied him.

After I sent off the ball, all of our heads snapped towards Aizawa, Impatiently waiting for my results.

"....."

"What's her score!?" Mina and Kaminari asked.

Aizawa looked from his tablet, towards me and then towards the rest of the class.

"972.8 meters"

Jaws were dropped and it took a damn second for me to process what I heard. But as soon as I did I started jumping in my place, excited about the fact that I got the highest score so far, excluding the gravity girl who got infinity.

I turned towards the rest of my class. Rain gave me a thumbs up while Izuku-kun clapped with literal stars in his eyes.

I saw a few others, I remember their names as Mina, Momo, Iida, Kirishima and Kaminari who were staring at me in awe as I made my way away from the circle to join the class.

Meanwhile, Bakugo did not like the fact that I got a higher score than him. He glared at me as if he was planning out how to murder me. If looks could kill I would definitely not live for long.

Next was Rain's turn. It would be kinda tough for him to throw the ball using his quirk since it's a weather quirk, but would that stop him?

No

He walked over and stood in the middle of the circle. I could tell that he was having trouble figuring out how to use his quirk by the look on his face.

He stared at the ball for a second before sending me a side glance. Seeing my reassuring smile and thumbs up, he grinned to himself before taking a stance.

He brought his arm back but with a slight difference. Instead of bringing it back over his head, he brought it back as if he was about to throw a bowling ball.

He stood still for a second as the temperature outside visibly dropped. It was really chilly. He then swung his arm forward release the ball in the last second. Thunder could be heard as the ball left his hand. A gust of wind accompanied the ball making it go faster than before.

When the ball landed on the ground little drops of water started falling.

Aizawa looked up at the Rain clouds before looking at Rain. He motioned Rain to stop the... Rain. And he did.

"641.4 meters"

Rain sighed as he made his way back towards me and Midoriya. "It was better than nothing I guess" He said and gave a little shrug. "It's fine, you're getting better at controlling it" I tried cheering him up. "Of course I have I didn't do all that training for nothing" He playfully rolls his eyes feeling better already.

It was finally Midoriya's turn to throw. He got to the circle and stared at the ball for a few seconds. It was as if he was hesitating. Something was definitely wrong, I'll ask him about it later.

He pulled his arm back and swung it forward. I was excited to see how far it would go, maybe it'll go farther then mine.

. . .

Everyone froze.

"47 meters" (Idk if this was the actual distance)

"EHH!?" Everyone was confused, including myself. The class started whispering among themselves, except for Bakugo. Bakugo looked pleased with the result, he grinned to himself which I found was kind of confusing.

"I erased your quirk"

Bakugo's grin dropped as he put on a confused scowl.

I turned to Rain and asked "why'd he do that?" Which made him turn to me "how am I supposed to know that?".

"Because apparently you're smarter"

"Well thank you for calling me smart but we're both dumb as hell so don't ask me these questions"

"I guess you're right...
You are kinda stupid aren't ya"

"I never said that! I said we're both dumb but you are definitely more stupid then I am!"

"Shut up he's about to throw again"

Izuku pulled his arm back once again before throwing the ball, It appears that he used his quirk on his index finger to give it a boost but he broke his finger in return.

I eyed his finger suspiciously. We will definitely talk about this later. He hasn't learn to control his quirk yet. Just like us, but he can make his quirk deal minimum damage if that makes sense.

"703.9 meters" Said Aizawa.

Bakugo had lost his cool and started raging towards Izuku. His explosions started going off as he prepared to lunge at him shouting at him. I glared at him before draining his energy and absorbing it.

He visibly got tired but that didn't stop his quirk. He was way slower than before, and was basically dragged himself across the ground.

I drained a bit more of his energy. He was very close to collapsing but as usual he pushed himself to charge at Izuku. But before he could send even the tiniest of explosions he was trapped in the weird scarf thing that Aizawa wear.

"Thank you L/n for the help but I'll take it from here"

I glared at Bakugo one more time before puffing out my cheeks and looking away.

Remember when I said that he was cool and hot? I take it back

He's an absolute Asshole!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, guess what apparently I get a lot of free time for these three weeks so I write these when I'm at school. So I may just be able to post regularly until the lessons start for real.

Word Count:1057