Smile

Jungkook was a generally happy person. He had a good life, all things considered, a life he was grateful for. His smiles brought happiness to all around him.

Until everything changed.

It wasn't Jungkook's fault—he was just in the very wrong place at a very wrong time. Before this moment, magic didn't exist to him. To have real magic exist opened up a whole world a possibilities.

A world Jungkook soon began to resent.

The sorceress was unkind to say the least, filled with bitterness and jealousy. She was beautiful, sure, but undesirable to anyone seeking a long-term relationship. For she was mean, vile, even evil, some would say. Faced with rejection at a terribly young age—rejection of a father figure. To say she wanted revenge against any and all men for the things one man did was an understatement. She wanted them all to suffer.

It wasn't like it was Jungkook's first walk in the forest by his home. In fact, he frequented this trail at least a couple times a week. Since childhood he had walked this path hundreds, maybe even thousands of times. It was nothing new.

And yet, at the age of 20, on that trail he knew like that back of his hand, Jungkook was ambushed. From behind a hand covered his mouth, dragging him into the bushes. This person—or whatever you'd like to call them—was much stronger than the boy, for reasons he wouldn't know until later; she had blessed herself with gentle, overpowering strength that could catch anyone off guard.

The sorceress was sitting down, as she rested Jungkook's head in her lap. "What a darling little doll," Her golden hair framed her face. "When I saw you I just couldn't resist. You're beautiful, I bet I could love you. What do you say Doll, could you love me?"

"I-I," Jungkook sputtered, unable to move and not knowing why. "I'm very sorry. But I'm gay, I only like men."

Her gaze darkened, wrinkles appearing as she furrows her eyebrows, ones there much too early for her age. "Oh is that so? Of course it is. There is not one decent man on this planet. I have yet to find him. You're disgusting," She spits. "All men disgust me!"

Jungkook's eyes widened, trying to struggle free from her grasp on his shoulders. "I-I'm sorry! I hope the best for you-"

"Silence!" She commanded. "You have angered me to a point of no return." Even she knew this was irrational, but she didn't care. She found immense pleasure in the discomfort and suffering of men. "A curse is to be placed on you!"

"What!?" It was at that moment Jungkook knew that this woman was insane. He feared for his life. "Please don't kill me!"

"Kill you?" She burst out laughing. "If you die, you may get sent to the deepest pits of hell. But even still, killing you won't ensure your suffering. What if hell doesn't exist? If I keep you alive, I will without a doubt know I am torturing you. And you will suffer for a very, very long time. And it will be glorious."

So she won't kill him...she'll curse him. Jungkook silently started becoming relieved. This was just a crazy woman, he'd be okay. He would just pretend to get affected when she cursed him. That...that would satisfy her. "Please," He pretended, just to convince her. "Just let me go!"

"Disgraceful being," She dragged a long, manicured fingernail all the way up from his abdomen to his chest. "Don't you know I've seen those like you before? You have no faith in me or my abilities, and that very much angers me."

Jungkook's anxiety spiked. "I-"

"Quiet," She ordered. "I place a curse on you and your hopeless romantic soul." There, Jungkook started to freak out. How did she know that about him? "When you meet the love of your life, you'll know the second you make eye-contact. He will be the one for you, as will you be his only true love. You'll get into a relationship—you won't be able to help yourself, no matter how much you resist. However, you won't be able to smile at him, or laugh with him. Because, even one small smile will have you wreathing in a slow, painful death."