Strangers

Jimin walks down the street after a long morning appointment. His client was older, snarky, and to be honest, quite anal about his tastes. Jimin constantly got snippy remarks thrown his way over the hours spent with him. But he got paid well to make houses look pretty...could he really complain?

He just wanted to get home. There was quite a lot of planning to get done. He always had a few clients at a time, and it was going well. He was doing quite well for himself. He loved his job. It was challenging, but fulfilling. He was itching to get to the planning phase.

"Hey beautiful," A hand grabs Jimin's shoulder from behind.

He whips around quickly. "Oh..."

"Where you going off to in such a rush?" The man is sort of conventionally attractive, but he's not very pretty to Jimin. Surely not pretty enough to have this ungodly level of confidence.

"Oh, you know," Jimin tries to divert, not wanting to give away too much information. The man's hand was still on his shoulder. He shrugs it off. "It's no business of yours. I'm just busy."

"Why so secretive?" He steps forward. Jimin steps back. "What are you hiding?"

"Nothing, of course," Jimin presses. "I just owe nothing to a stranger. So please leave me alone."

"Hey, don't be like that, Beautiful," He continues on. "I stopped you to pay you a compliment. I think the two of us could have some fun together."

Jimin huffs out a laugh. "Absolutely not."

The man's gaze shifts. "Come on. Give me a chance. No need to be so rude."

"Told you, I owe you nothing," Jimin reiterates, but he was starting to get nervous. "Now please let me go."

"That's a bullshit excuse," He glares. "I-"

"Oh my God, Babe, there you are!" An arm wraps around Jimin. It was another man, slightly taller than Jimin, with beautiful doe eyes. Their gazes meet. "I told you to meet me at Sunset. What are you doing over here?"

Jimin looks over, about 30 feet down the road—Sunset Coffee Co. He looks back at the doe-eyed man...and he swears the guy flashes a glance that says, 'Trust me.'

So he does.

"Oh, yeah, sorry..." Jimin goes along with it. "Parking was an absolute nightmare. I was just about to call you about being late. I swear I was rushing as fast as I could."

"Well I'm glad I found you," He beams, patting his waist ever so gently. He then looks at the other man. "If you'll excuse us."

Without another word, the two walk off.

"I am so sorry," The man mutters under his breath when they're far enough away. "You just looked uncomfortable, and he was getting aggressive, and-"

"Thank you," Jimin cuts him off. "I do appreciate it. I didn't really know how to get out. He was being really irrational."

They walk into the shop. He raises his voice to a normal volume. "Can I buy you a coffee? Anything to hold you over? Just while the guy is still out there. I obviously don't want to impose, but-"

"Let me buy you a coffee," Jimin denies. "You're the one that saved my ass. It's the least I could do. You don't mind staying a few extra minutes for my sake? You're not busy? I mean the guy has to have gotten the hint by now."

"No, no, I can stay," He waves a hand. "Unless, of course, that was you saying to leave you alone. I don't want to overstep."

"Not at all, stay if you want," The shorter smiles. "I'm Jimin. I'd shake your hand, but I'm worried the guy is watching."