INTRO

HADLEY DYER NEVER THOUGHT SHE'D SEE NINETEEN

HADLEY DYER NEVER THOUGHT SHE'D SEE NINETEEN. In all honesty, she hadn't thought she'd last a year after spending her first decade under her mother's permanently neglectful and occasionally heavy hand. She thought she'd be a goner within a year of Jennifer Dyer's overdose.

She should have known she'd never be so lucky.

The remnants of her childhood were a collage of mistakes and trauma, covered in scars inflicted by both those tasked with taking care of her and her own shaking hand, with very few bright spots and silver linings to make it all seem like maybe it was worth it. From foster home to foster home to foster home, collecting nightmares like bruises and friends like fleeting flurries of snow, until her grandmother's dementia lifted just long enough for her to whisper her granddaughter's father's name into her caretaker's ear—just long enough to give a fifteen-year-old, juvie-resident Hadley a break she never asked for.

One positive paternity test later, Hadley Dyer was released into the care of a father she never wanted, into the branches of a family tree she had long since written off as bare and dead. Whether she wanted it or not, the universe had given Hadley a second chance.

A second chance that led her straight to the Foxhole Court.

INTRODUCING!

HADLEY DYER
center striker, #11

HADLEY DYERcenter striker, #11

this ain't for the best

&

KEVIN DAY
left striker, #02

(my reputation's never been worse, so)

my reputation's never been worse, so

PLAYLIST!

delicate, taylor swift
numb little bug, em beihold
my ego dies at the end, jensen mcrae
joy, bastille
renegade, taylor swift
painkillers, rainbow kitten surprise
first love/late spring, mitski
camden, gracie abrams
heavy, peach prc
bodybag, chloe moriondo
mad woman, taylor swift

NOTES!

hello and welcome to delicate! hadley is a hot mess that i (and kevin) am in love with and am very excited to share with you all. but before we go into that, i need to address a few things:

1. all for the game (property of nora sakavic) is a very problematic series. mental illness, trauma, alcoholism, drug addiction, and several other dark & sensitive topics are handled terribly by the author. all of the characters are some degree of fucked-up and have done bad things and hadley is no different. that being said, i'm going to try to use this story to address/fix/at the very least acknowledge the fucked up shit nora included in her series. there may also be instances where i just don't include problematic parts if they aren't important to hadley's story.

2. i understand some of y'all might be coming from my pjo stories (if so, hiiii), so i want to say first of all that this is a very mature story. there will be sexual content, violence, mental illness, & references to things such as child sexual abuse, hate crimes, sexual assault, self-harm, suicide, murder, drug use & addiction, and other sensitive issues. if you are a minor, i caution you against reading this, but i understand i can't stop you, so please: be careful. some of the content in this book could be triggering, so pay attention to trigger warnings throughout this book. no story is worth hurting yourself over.

4. if you've never read all for the game, you could probably read this anyway and still understand. you might not know some of the other characters' backstories & scenes will be omitted because they don't involve hadley, but i honestly don't think it would be super hard to follow along without reading the source material? i'm biased, though, so give it a try if you want. no hard feelings if you dnf <3

5. a lot of the info/background for act one (pre-book one) comes from nora's extra content on her tumblr (korakos), specifically her son nefes content about the cousins' first year at palmetto.

you must like me for me