Chapter 5: Unthinkable

Disclaimer: everything besides Beverly and her family belong to Voltage inc. And Be my princess 2 game.

$&@$&@$&@&$@@$@@&

"Beverly," Brent said. We just stared at each other. He had gotten taller, older, but no wrinkles. He had dirty blond hair and light blue eyes like mine. He had his suit on with a brief case. {Why is he here at the house?}

I stopped the staring. "Come in," I said. He walked into the living room. I made tea for him and set it on the table. I sat across from him. we were quiet for a minute. Brent broke the silence. "How have you been?" he said uneasy. I looked up to him. "I have been okay," in a low voice.

"I saw newspapers that you were kicked out of the kingdom. I would have guessed that you would be here," he said. "Why are you here?" I asked. "I read that you did something that led you to be banished from the kingdom. It didn't sound like you," he said.

"How would you know? You don't know me. I don't know you," I said. He got up his seat and walked over to me. He sat next to me and took my hands in his hands. "Look, when I was little, I would always sneak out and look at you with nanny. I would sometimes be jealous about your freedom. I felt bad when mother and father don't notice you. I felt worse when I heard that you were kicked out with nothing," he said. I was shocked to hear what he said that.

"So you were worried about me?" I said quietly. "Yes. When I heard that you were with the prince, I thought that you had made a better life for yourself. I know that you aren't capable of lying or deceiving anyone. You're practically pure," he said.

I felt tears about to fall. He gave me a hug and I hugged back. "Its ok. Its ok," he said and rubbed my back. It was soothing. "Thank you" I whispered. We broke apart from each other after I cried a bit. We talked a lot. We were catching up some time. He told me that he got married a couple years ago. He hoped that they would be having children soon. I was happy for him.

It was nighttime and it was time for him to leave. We walked to the door. "Are you going to be alright?" he asked. He knew that I wasn't sleeping very well due to the nightmares. "Don't worry. I'll be fine," I said. He said goodbye and walked into the darkness to his car. I closed the door. {I guess I can rekindle my relationship with my brother.}

Two months later...

I kept in contact with my brother with my new cell phone in hand. He bought me a phone for me since he knew that I wanted to live a quiet life.

I got to meet my sister in law, Lana. She was beautiful and nice. They would do the grocery shopping for me while I would make them dinner. So far, I didn't have nightmares every month. When I did have a nightmare, I would talk to Brent about it. He was a good listener.

A month ago, my brother informed me that Prince Ivan got engaged to Sofia. I told Brent everything I knew about her. My brother got suspicious of her and decided to do some research for me. I knew that he would be able to find something. He was a top lawyer after all.

Today, I decided to go to town to get some things. I got in the car and drove to town. I got myself a few groceries, and some other items to decorate the house. I got myself a newspaper and got back in the car. I got home and put everything in their proper place. I looked at the newspaper.

Nobel Explorer
Ball at the Castle Tonight
Princes invited...Parade to do

"I guess that everyone will be invited," I said to myself. I set the newspaper down and decided to have a little walk around the property.

A Few Days Later.....

I read newspapers that Prince Ivan went to the ball with Sofia. She looked happy by the picture. Prince Ivan however was back to his old ways. His cold stare and serious face.

So far, Brent couldn't find much with Sofia. He only told me that she had a connection inside the fortress. He said that he would be looking more into it once he was done with a case.

I just got back from town to get some milk. I put he milk in the fridge. I looked at the time. It was 5:00 pm. "I should make dinner," I said to myself. I decided to make some pasta carbonara, my brother's favorite food. I knew that my brother was coming over tonight to spend some time with me. I made extra for him to take home.

It was 7:00 pm. My brother and his wife was coming around 7:45 pm. I decided to take a shower. I went to take a shower. I had the water running. I washed my hair really quick. It took me 30 minutes to shower.

Tick..Tick...Tick...

I turned the water off. I heard a ticking noise. {What is that?} I heard a phone ring. I knew that it wasn't my phone. I got my bathrobe quickly and wore it. I heard the ringing stop. I felt myself being blown/forced out of the window. I blacked out.

Brent point of view...

My wife and I were almost at Beverly's house. She had been through so much. I could tell that she was being strong in front of me even though I know that she was not ok. I see her depression through her eyes.

We were near the house when I saw fire and smoke. "Fire!" I said. I stopped the car a few feet away from the burning house. "Lana call for a fire truck and an ambulance," I yelled at her. I rushed to the house. "Beverly!," I yelled. I looked around the house to see a bathtub out with a leg sticking out.

"Beverly!" I said. I rushed over and tilt the bathtub over. I saw that she was in a bad shape. I pulled her a bit away from the fire from her arms. I was a few feet away from the house. I looked down at Beverly. She wasn't breathing. I checked for a pulse. Her pulse was fading quickly.

I did CPR on her. "Please Beverly please breath!," I said.