A promise

Everyone shouted: "Riddhima won!"

Riddhima and team danced for their victory. While Vansh smiled and shook his head at her cuteness. Anupriya who was noticing this, went to Vansh.

"From when you started being happy at your opponent's victory?", Anurpirya cocked her brow.

 "She's not my opponent, she's my family!", Vansh spoke nonchalantly while smiling.

"Oh so she has become your family?", Anupriya teased.

"I am talking about Sia, not Riddhima!", Vansh said cautiously.

"Of course! Well, I never spoke I meant Riddhima from SHE!", Anupriya suppressed her laugh.

 "MOM!", Vansh yelled in irritation.

"Finally Vansh has chosen the right girl !", Anurpiya spoke to herself and went to congratulate Riddhima.

Vansh saw all the family members near her, having a fun time together.

"Riddhima had made everyone fond of her in just a single day! I had never seen my family so much elated, Thank you Riddhima.", He whispered to himself and unknowingly a smile crept on his face.

Then Riddhima marched towards Vansh.

 "Vansh, have you seen Riva?", Riddhima asked.

Vansh was already in his dreamland so Riddhima shook him and repeated her question. He nodded in negative and then congratulated her for winning. She upped her imaginary collar and twitched her brow, showing superiority.

Vansh who was pissed with such attitude was laughing at Riddhima's antics. Riddhima too found his laugh music to her ears. Later she focused on Riva and went inside in search of her. Actually a weird feeling was shaking her. She felt like Riva is not happy or is crying. She just can't explain what she felt, thus she had a strong urge to search her.

Riddhima went inside searching for Riva, when she found Ahana.

"Ahana, have you seen Riva?", Riddhima asked desperately.

 "I am not her nanny that I must know her every move!", Ahana shouted in vexation and marched towards Vansh.

Riddhima shrugged her shoulders at her remark and continued searching for Riva. She then went to Vansh's room where she heard a sobbing voice, which torn her heart.

 "Riva? Are you here?", Riddhima panicked.

 sobbing stop.

Riddhima searched here and there and then finally reached the other side of the bed where she  found Riva sitting on floor. Her face was full of tears, and her eyes were red due to continuous crying.

This torn Riddhima. She then realized she could never see a single drop of tear in the eyes of this girl. She don't know why, but probably there was something that made her attached to Riva.

"Riva! Why are you crying beta?", Riddhima spoke lovingly. Riva couldn't hold more. She glanced at Riddhima and hugged her.

 Riddhima made Riva comfortable in her lap and caressed her hair.

Aisa Koyi Pal Ho
Duniya Ye Door Ho
Chaahe Dil Mera Ki
Tu Baithe Sirhaane
Mere Baalon Ko Sehlane
Jab Tak Na Neend Aaye
Tu Kahin Bhi Na Jaye

 Riva always yearned for a motherly care, which she never got. Today just mere words of affection of Riddhima soothed her. She was feeling blessed, cared, important , special.

 "I don't like her! She always scold me for no reason, she just acts lovingly when papa is around but when no one is watching her she always rebukes me... and you know what Dr.Ma.. today she even slapped me!", Riva blabbered while crying.

 "Who dared to slap my daughter?", Riddhima immediately asked in annoyance.

Riva and Riddhima glanced at each other and that's when Riddhima noticed what she said.

"Who are you talking about Riva?", Riddhima clarified.

 "Ahana masi.", Riva sobbed.

 "Masi! Ahana is your masi?", Riddhima almost whispered in shock. All the while she was assuming Ahana to be Riva's mother.

 "Yes, but I hate her. She always roams around Papa. Always acts lovingly in front of others.", Riva spoke.

Riddhima understood Ahana's intentions. She removed Riva's tears and kissed her forehead.

"You know what Dr ma, masi says that I am a bad girl that's why my mother left me. Am I so bad that I can't get mother's love? Am I so bad?", Riva cried really hard this time.

Listening to this, Riddhima was overwhelmed and was furious at Ahana. How can a woman speak such things to a little child? She wished to slap Ahana hard and made her shed hot tears, just like she made 'her daughter' cry.

"Riva, you are the best daughter. And you know what if you don't have your mom that doesn't mean you are bad. You have such a loving family, and you have your father, who love you like anything. And in fact you have your Dr Ma , I will never leave you alone beta.", Riddhima explained her cupping her face.

 "Promise?", Riva asked innocently forwarding her pinky finger.

 "Yeah,Promise", Riddhima said while hooking her pinky finger with hers.

Riddhima took Riva in her arms and marched towards yard.