Prologue

Special hugs to Naomi, my best friend who has been amazing since the day she meant me.

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate your mind on the present moment and where you're supposed to be." 

Prologue;

I sat there in the hospital waiting room, waiting to recieve news on my dad,

My whole entire body was paralyzed. I always knew my dad was strong, but I couldn't believe something like this would happen.

I always thought we were a simple family- me, mom, and dad. I always thought it would be that way- nothing would come in between us, not even secrets. But I never knew that something worse would.

Exactly like now.

It felt like we were living a t.v show, waiting for the doctor to come out and tell us everything was okay, it was just a slight injury.

But I knew better because not every t.v show is like that.

In others, the doctor came out and told us he was dead and all those minutes, hours of waiting for news on how he's doing was for nothing.

They say that he was found passed out near a deli called "Stacy's Grill" close to my school but they couldn't find out how or why My heart pounded as I looked across the room to my mom who was quietly weeping while drinking her English Rose Tea. As much as I felt bad for her, I couldn't stand being next to anyone right now.

The doctor said there might be a slight possibility that he might not live. But inside, I knew that a "slight" possiblity was a big one assuming to the fact that the doctor seemed nervous when my mom asked how he was injured.

I wish that I would at least let a tear out, at least seeming as if I really cared about my dad- which I did except he was never really around my mom and I since he got a job. It made it really difficult for me to connect with him at my age, even though we had lots of those happy memories back then.

My hair was wet and messy since I was in the middle of my shower when my mom told me we had to go to the hospital immediately.

At a girl my age with long brown hair, deep blue eyes and bad grades- it was really hard to be dealing wtih this, espicially now when my life was just getting better since Blake finally asked me out after being friends for our whole entire life.

I let out a deep sigh and watched as the nurses walked back and front from one room to another and played with my puzzle piece necklace with a diamond heart in the middle. Blake gave it to me as a gift after confessing that he had feelings for me.

Cheesy, right? Trust me, it gets better.

Then a thought suddenly came to me.

Where was Blake?

On a normal Friday night like this, he was probably out with his friends and calling him to tell him about my dad would probably make him ditch his friends just to run 6 miles away from his house to the hospital just to sit in the waiting room and comfort me.

The last thing I needed was to be comforted.

The doors suddenly swing open and Dr.Edwards walk in. His face looked kinda pale, but his face had a tint of successfulness.

"Gloria and Avery Fields," he called out. My mother jumped out of the chair and walked towards him as I grunted and dragged myself across the room.

"Mr. Fields seem to have..." he stopped for a moment, thinking of the right words. I raised an eyebrow, "Slipped into a coma, unfortunately, we can't seem to figure out why and his body showed no signs of bruises or cuts except it seemed as if someone purposely used a blade and cutted a picture of-" before Dr.Edwards could finish, my mother cut him off.

"So he's not dead?" she choked out, gently wiping her eyes. I can see her smudged mascara and dark circles under her blue eyes, resembling mine.

"He's alive," my mom's face suddenly comes to life. I wanted to roll my eyes, but this was not the right time and place to be doing that.

but his coma is serious which is hard for me to answer your question. It isn't easy for me to say, but there's a chance that he won't make it."

My mom's face darkens again and she continues to weep.

Dr. Edwards takes us to my dad's hospital room and all the air leave my body.

His lifeless figure forms as I see him rested painfully on the hospital bed with a monitor connected to him. It beeps every second and reminds me that's the reason I'm here.

He's still alive.

~~~

After two days of visiting my dad over and over to the hospital, expecting him to wake up so I could tell him how worried I was even though I act strong that I'm not scared he might die.

The truth was, I was horrified- scared, worried and all those feelings, emotions mixed up in a bunch. I couldn't believe something like this would happen.

It would have been more realistic if he was hit by a car.

I always knew he was a unexperienced driver.

My mom walks in and glares at me as she eyes my outfit.

"Did you wear that to school?" she asks.

"Don't you have better things to worry about?" I ask her back, gesturing to my dad.

"I told you lots of times I didn't want you wearing anything inappropriate like shorts and low cuts to school." she gives me a lecture.

"I can wear what I want." I slightly shout.

"Don't talk back at me! You know how many times I've told you not to be disrespectful, even you understand the condition I'm in."

"All I hear is your babbling mom, you have no idea how annoying it is. For once in your life, just act normal and be happy for me."

"There's nothing, NOTHING to be happy about."

It's like the whole thing happened in slow motion and for a split second, I wish my mom and I wasn't arguing at the moment because this was something I will never forget even how hard I try to delete it out of my mind.

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys :)~ The story is really boring at the moment, but this is just the prolouge so keep reading for more juicier parts!

Trust me, it's getting better~ Tell me what you think and vote please :) -Mel