Chapter 2

Some things are unexpected, but they can end in miracles.

Chapter 2

After waking up before and reading the weird text that Blake sent me, I fell asleep again. But I wake from a nightmare only to open my eyes to another one.

Outside from my room's only window was the sound of raindrops falling. Rain scared me. It made me feel someone was following me everytime I took a step.

Looking at my tiny, miserable digital clock that was on my nightstand, realizing that it was only two hours away from school starting. As much as I wanted to skip, that would be impossible. I needed good grades or I'll never get a good job and by the time I'm almost 21 or older, I'll probably still be living with my mother and I'll have to work over time like her to support us.

Suddenly remembering the weird text that Blake sent me, I started thinking again about what it meant and my imagination was running away from me.

What I didn't understand was how he knew what was going on in my dream. The words in the text, "Don't trust anyone. Trust no one except those who you once trusted."I honestly had no idea what it meant.

Of course I wasn't a dumbass, it was obvious that they were trying to tell me not to trust anyone. But the truth is, I don't even have anyone to not trust. It's not like I was popular in school, I always thought I was just another average girl trying to survive life. This was already hurting my head, and I was thinking way too much about this. I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and scrolled down to my messages. There the text was, stating that it was from Blake and his words left me dumbfounded.

I finally walked out of the bed, pushing the blankets away making my way to the bathroom.

After splashing freezing water onto my face, I got ready for another living day of hell.

Putting on my black thin shirt with a slight low cut and designs on my sleeves with cheetah stripe jeans, I noticed what the date was.

September 10th, 2013

My mind flashes back to the day my dad died, September 10th, 2011 and for a second, I was thinking of visiting the cemetery, maybe say a few words to my dad. But I knew wasting time to visit my dad at the cemetery still wouldn't change the fact that he's dead and it wouldn't feel the same as talking to him in real life.

I sighed and made my way out the door to walk to school trying to forget all the negativity I was thinking about earlier.

Arriving to school, I looked around the parking lot for Shanelle and you know what I see near the entrance of the school?

Shanelle and Daniel making out.

At first, I was kinda weird out but then I remembered that I always had this suspicion that they would end up together or they already were together.

I could see his arms wrapped around her petite waist and the quiet breaths the took for every few seconds they kissed. I kinda felt a pang of jealously. It wasn't because I was in love with Daniel or anything, but we were friends and they didn't mention anything about them in a relationship.

I thought that since Blake abandoned me, they would always be there for me because even though Blake didn't care about us anymore, we would stay as friends.

I started walking towards them but just then- a car came speeding up to my right, my head flipped to the car and I can see it was heading right at me.

I considered moving, but my feet felt like it was stuck to the ground just like in my dream when my dad was walking away and I couldn't do anything about it. As I was getting ready for my life to end, strong arms wrapped around me and pushed me to the edge of the sidewalk, preventing the car to hit me.