Chapter Nineteen

Alessia dropped from my mother's arms and ran to Adrian, holding onto his leg.

Her way of telling him to hold her.

I went over to cradle a scared Alessia's head in Adrian's arms and kissed her tiny palms.

My mother went into the bathroom.

I followed her leaving Adrian and Alessia to make sure my mother and Michele are okay.

I saw my mother staring at the bathroom's ground with her hands over her mouth.

Peaking inside the bathroom I took in the scene.

A broken mirror, drips of blood on the floor and Michele sitting on the floor with his knees up to his chest covering his face with his bruised hands.

I noticed the violent shaking of his chest and asked my mother to let us be, not without telling her to send Adrian and Alessia back to hotel for their safety.

Knowing Adrian, he would question it but he trusts me to handle myself at least when I know I could.

I sat next to Michele on the floor and asked, "Want to go somewhere for old time's sake?"

His violent sobbing calms and he looked at me deep into my eyes.

Knowing him his pride and arrogance covers everything in him so I rushed before he could deny me.

"Before you say anything, I am not going to leave you in this mess. Get your arse up and let's go so my mother could clean this disaster."

He laughed and got up not without wincing from pain.

I grabbed the first aid kit and both of us left.