16 - Epilogue

Jason's operation was a success. Initially, he got sapless and feeble, but slowly, his blood cell count started to increase. In twelve days, he went from not being able to move to walk on his own. His will to live played a huge part in his recovery.

Marilyn decided to stay with the couple for a few months. She turned out to be a huge help. As Ray had to go to work, Marilyn stayed at home and looked after Jason. She fed him, bathed him, and took care of him as she would do for her own son. Jason was so touched by her behavior, he started calling her 'Mom.'

Within six months, Jason was back to his regular life, normal life. His blood cell counts were healthy and self-sustaining. He was having no trouble in his day-to-day life and was also able to do ample physical exercise, as well.

As the time since operation neared sixteen months, it was like Jason never even had cancer. Though, the regular health check-ups were sad reminders of that. But he could pick up Ray again, and Ray was content with that.

•••••

It had been two years since the operation, and Ray couldn't stop smiling as he walked into his house in the suburbs. He called out for his husband but only heard the splashing sounds in return. He made his way into the backyard only to find Jason skinny dipping.

"Hello, Mr. Boring. How are you this fine evening?" Jason asked.

Deeply hurt by Jason's statement, Ray took out his wallet and phone and tossed them onto the lounge chair. "Boring, you say..." he said and jumped on Jason, completely ruining his suit. After a hot make-out session and a little bit of groping, Ray finally broke away from Jason.

"So... It's been a while since we consummated our marriage, right?" Ray asked.

"Yeah, 'cause you've been so busy with work, Mr. Boring. You are turning into the old me."

"I know. That's why I want you to go and check out the package kept on the kitchen island. And no wearing clothes."

Jason got out of the water and walked into the house, naked. It took him a while to make sense of what the package was, but when he did, his eyes got as wide as saucers.

"I have talked to your doctors, and they have approved it. I have applied for leave at work and did the same for you. Martina was more than happy to approve," said Ray.

"We are going on our honeymoon?" Jason asked softly.

"Argentina and Europe, baby!" Ray exclaimed.

"OH MY GOD, RAY! You are the best husband ever!" Jason said as he embraced his husband in a bone-crushing hug, which Ray loved. "Get naked, baby. It's time to fuck some love into each other," Jason added. He knew how much Ray loved his filthy talk.

"Yes, it is. But I am not going easy on you just for calling me boring," Ray said with an evil smirk creeping on his face.

"We'll see, bitch. We'll see."

•••••

A/N: So, you have finished the book, I see. I hope you liked the story. ;)

Connect with me on Instagram: ryanaureoholt