|| WILHELM

'Prince Wilhelm?', Malin knocked cautiously on the door: 'breakfast is ready, and the queen wants you to join your family.'

Barely even awake, Wilhelm replied:
'I'm not hungry and i won't be for the next two weeks'. He felt surprised by his own way of speaking, he normally wouldn't say stuff like this but who cares right now.

Malin knocked again: 'prince Wilhelm, I am very sorry but your mother needs you down, she didn't sound very pleased. It's better if you just go.'

Wilhelm groaned annoyed: 'Can you please just tell them I am asleep, or that I choose to just not attend?'

' I'm sorry Crown Prince, but I'm afraid you don't have a choice, princess Mariah is also attending and your parents want you to apologize and meet her properly'.

How dare them, they were the ones who should apologize for pushing him into this hole of shitty lies. Wilhelm was already annoyed by his parents without even talking to them today.

'Ok fine, tell them I'll be down in 10. Thank you, Malin'.

How was he supposed to survive these two weeks?

10 minutes later he was sat at the breakfast table, next to Mariah. He tried to make a half decent apology to make things less awkward: 'I'm sorry for yesterday, I was just a little bit overwhelmed'.

'That's okay, nice to meet you anyway your highness', and her cheeks started turning a bit rosy.

Oh fucking shit, his parents where really serious about this 'date' thing.

'So for the ball in a few days', his mother started talking. 'I want you to be around Mariah the entire night: dance with her, eat with her, maybe take her into the garden? The journalists will be taking pictures and it's really gonna help to stop the rumors that are still spreading.'

Wilhelm knew he didn't have a thing to say about this situation, but it felt so wrong. Simon and that hug just wouldn't leave his mind. Like it was on replay ever since it happened, and it drove Wille crazy.

'Okay, yeah, got it mom, but what about after the ball?' He couldn't not ask the question, even if it sounded rude. Wilhelm didn't want to be stuck with her in real life of course.

'We will see what happens then, but it would be nice if you two start spending some time together. You're 16 now so maybe it's time to start thinking about your future, for you know...', Wilhelm already knew the look his mother gave him and he silently prayed that this was all a nightmare.

His future, all that matters. He doesn't care, he wants to live now, he wants to love now.

Wille felt the strong desire to return to his room, but the prince couldn't run away from Mariah for a second time. That would be assholery, and really fucking gay. So he simply nodded and they just ate their breakfast in silence.