Part 1

I've been writing this story for awhile, but I'm just publishing it now. It's still not done though. Enjoy!

Screams, screams, screams engulfed my ears. This was not a holiday, not at all. Only one thought was in my mind, “find, save, find, save, find, save.” That is my job, to help the innocent, catch the guilty. You think I’m an agent or policeman, but I’m better than that. You see, I have no danger, I am nameless, unknown to the world. But it is for the best, I move the innocent to safety, and put the guilty in a position to get caught.

At last I find a person laying on the ground. I kneel beside her, waiting for her to awake. I scan this person over, thinking. She is about 30 years old, in a relationship, and has a peanut allergy. Something stirs within her, and she looks to me. “Am I dead?” she asks faintly.

“Girl you aren’t dead. Come on I’ll lead you to safety.” I helped her to the ambulances that were now lined up close buildings. As I run off I hear them saying that it’s odd because she was walking amazingly, even though anyone can see how pale she was. I smiled, but then I stopped. “Bad. Don’t pride yourself. That’s only one out of 743.”  I dove into the fumes, oblivious to the fact that they were even there.

Sprinting, I dodged people feebly walking toward the ambulance. At a glance, I can tell if they’re going to need my help today. I was so transfixed on watching the passing people, I was so surprised to find myself stumbling on a male. I resisted the urge to scream. “Foolish! Get ahold of yourself!” He looked up at me in surprise. Without thinking, I grabbed his arm. I knew by the look in his eyes he knew I was here to help.