Part 13

Last chapter I already have done! Comment and vote please! Enjoy!

Mark and I walked up to the locked building. “We need someone with a higher clearance, only their fingerprints can unlock the building. Let’s get Rafé, he just barely has the clearance. Rafé always slips me some of the better food.” Mark jogged off to get Rafé, leaving me just inches from my friends.

My mouth formed a perfect ‘o’ when Mark returned with Rafé. A burly man followed Mark, leaving footprints the size of a bears. “Rafé, can you open the door? It’d be a great help if you do.” I got right down to business. No wonder he gave Mark some of his food. Compared to Rafé, Mark’s a pebble next to Mount Rushmore.

As a response, he grunted and put his thumb on the thumb pad. The doors creaked open revealing a dark room about the size of a traveling people house lobby. Tasha told me that these traveling people houses are normally called hotels. There was a mass of people crammed into one corner. “Tasha? Are you in here? It’s safe to come out here now!” I called out to the shivering in the corner.

A boy ran out to me, and I immediately recognized him. When he reached me I picked him up and said, “Hey Orion! Where’s your mommy?” An elderly woman came out to get Orion. “Wait,” I called after her, “are you Tasha’s mother?”

The woman nodded. “Before you ask for Tasha, you must remember she deserted us. Handed you to Ashtraia.” She said in a frail voice before returning to the crowd. When she disappeared into the crowd, I was dumbfounded, shocked, and angry at Tasha. “Tasha fooled me. When I thought she was being a good actor, she was being herself. I must tell them about the plan. I’ll send Mark and Rafé out to guard the truck and make sure no one escapes.”

I turn to Mark and Rafé and walked towards them. They leaned in as I whispered, “you guys go make sure Ashtraia and the lot of ‘em don’t escape. Is that clear? I need to have a chat with the village folk, then I want to talk to you guys. Don’t worry, it’s just something’s been nagging me since we got here.” Waving them out of the building I shouted, “You know what you’re to do. So why are you still standing there?” Let’s just say they ran out of that building like a charging rhinoceros.