Part 9

Looking at Ashtraia, I ripped the rope that held my hands. I sprung up and kicked Ashtraia, attempting to trip him.  We stood there, then I broke the silence, “You won’t hurt me, I’m much too valuable to you. Besides, I doubt that you can even take me without your men.”

                Apparently I angered him, for he started to throw some punches at me. That’s what I wanted him to do, he doesn’t have a lot of stamina, anybody can tell that. Now, I found myself in a tricky position. Ashtraia had me pinned to a wall. I looked around, then punched with all my might. I put everything that had ever angered me into that punch.

                I walked out that room, dragging Ashtraia behind me. His men prepared to pounce on me, but before they could, I shouted out, “Listen to what your wonderful Ashtraia has to say!” I shoved Ashtraia in front of his men. “If Ashtraia wishes not to cooperate, he will get the maximum penalty! Same goes for you! Who wants to cooperate?” I went around tying their hands with rope, keeping Ashtraia in my sight.

                For those that did not cooperate, I tied their hands and feet. Thankfully, they all fit in one truck even though they were crammed in there. I began driving to Tasha’s village, ignoring their pleas to let them drive. I had no idea of what I was doing in that truck. That’ll probably be the last time I drive.

                Finally arriving at the village, it was dead silent. “They must think I’m Ashtraia driving by.” I stopped the truck, and began to yell out, “Ashtraia is not a problem now! Come and see for yourself!” Nothing happened. “Tasha? Orion? TASHA! ORION!” By now my heart was beating as loud as a marching band, enough sweat on my neck to fill the Mediterranean Sea. I began to slam on the doors, then shouted to Ashtraia, “WHAT IS THIS? WHERE ARE THEY? QUIT LAUGHING!”

                The laughter abruptly stopped. “Don’t you get it mousie? They’re gone, they deserted you. Tasha was the first one to suggest it.” Cackled Ashtraia. He began laugh again. “Don’t listen, they took them. Check out the houses, they left fast, dropped everything.” I faced the friendliest man out of the lot, and lifted him out.

                “If you tell me where they are, you might get to see your family. Don’t you want to see them? The rest of them, they aren’t going to get out of prison. I think if you help me, I can negotiate something with the judge.” I encouraged him to talk. This person wasn’t like the rest of them. He had a life, a family, and I bet he was forced to join Ashtraia.

                He looked at the truck, me, the ground, and he closed his eyes. “I will definitely see my kid, and I won’t be in jail for it, right?” He questioned me. I told him that I’ll try. “Ok. They’re at...”