Part 10

Wolf was astounded by what he what saw. Carrie and Owen were mid-twenties, but ‘Boss’ was a teenager, specifically 15. “I have never seen green eyes before, what’s your name?” The teenager asked Wolf.

Wolf knew not give his real name, but he was curious about the teenager. “You first, I want to know how a teenager became something like you.” He insisted as she walked towards him, her blood red heels clicking on the dirt road. Click. Click. Click.

                Her long, black nails brushed against my face. She touched me with her right hand, for her left hand had nails as sharp as a knife for butchering. When she smiled, she showed pearl colored teeth. “Okay, my name is Ashlie. I am the daughter of the Mighty Ashtraia. Are you satisfied? The rest of my story is self-explanatory I hope.” Ashlie chimed, nodding as if giving me permission to talk.

                Owen and Carrie looked at each other in shock. They began to whisper something to each other. Ashlie shot them a menacing look, and that look meant, ‘be quiet NOW!’ They all looked at me expectantly, and so I talked. “My name is Jasper, and I ran off because I was too different from everyone.” I lied, except for that last part about being different.

                Ashlie lowered her head, but raised her eyes and grinned. “Would you like to take refuge with us?” She crooned at me. “That is my chance! Become great friends with Ashlie. Just make sure she doesn’t captivate you.”I told her I’d be forever in her debt if she gave me a chance.