A Date?

Hoffman pulled out his phone and dialed a number.

"Special Agent Strahm's office." The woman on the other line introduced. 

"This is Detective Hoffman. Is Agent Strahm available?" Hoffman asked. 

"He's not, but I can connect you to Special Agent Erickson. He's handling all inquiries." She replied.

"Please." Hoffman said. 

There was a moment of silence before connecting to Erickson's phone. 

"You've reached the voice mail box of Agent Erickson. Please leave a message." Said the voice.

"Yeah, this is Detective Hoffman. I needed to discuss something with Agent Strahm, but I can't seem to track him down. Could you give me a call? It would be greatly appreciated." Hoffman said, shutting his phone off. He then looked over to see you walking towards his car.

"Hey, Hoffman. Could I get another lift?" You asked. Hoffman stared at you for a moment, as if he was examining you.

"Hop in." He replied. 

"Thanks."

"It's nothing."

As you both drove off, you had no idea what to say. Get to know Hoffman? How were you supposed to do that? He didn't like small talk and you weren't one for starting conversations.

"So, Hoffman, I was thinking..." You started. Hoffman glanced over at you.

"Well, since we're partners, I thought maybe we'd get to know each other a bit more. Maybe we can get a coffee or something together?" You asked. Your cheeks went a bit red, embarrassed to even ask him on a coffee date, but it was the only way you could think of to get to know more about him. Hoffman was silent for a moment. You hoped it wouldn't be too weird for him.

"Well, I'm busy tonight. Maybe after work tomorrow." He replied.

"But it would be too late to get coffee then." You brought up.

"Then I guess we'd have to get dinner instead." He said. You could see a small smirk on his face. Your cheeks went redder.

"I suppose we could do that." You replied meekly. You heard him chuckle softly as you looked away from him. You told yourself it was strictly professional. It was all a part of Strahm's plan, though you had your doubts that Hoffman would be involved. However, he was a rather private and mysterious man, which could be somewhat suspicious... and to you, alluring. You did find him quite handsome as well, but he was your partner. If you two were in a relationship, it could get both of you potentially fired. Besides, he wouldn't want to be closer than friends with someone like you...

Right...?

The rest of the ride was silent. You had no idea what to say. It wasn't long before the car approached your apartment building. You smiled and got out of the car."

"I'll see you tomorrow then, Hoffman." You said. He gave a half smile.

"See you then, (Y/N)." He said as he reversed his car out of the parking lot. You waved him goodbye as he drove off into the dark roads. You couldn't help but feel butterflies in your stomach. Did you just ask your partner on a date?

"Strictly professional..." You said to yourself as you walked into the building. You looked at your watch as you walked up to the elevator. 10:45 PM. 

As soon as you got to your room, you closed the door and immediately took off your clothes and got into your pajamas. You couldn't stop thinking about the plans you had with Hoffman tomorrow. Maybe you two would even become closer as friends. Though you weren't denying the possibility of you and Hoffman maybe becoming more than friends. You finally fell onto your bed, instantly falling asleep.