Catfish, Gumbo and friendship

He is all things calm and foreseeable.
                                                                             She is all sorts of wild and unpredictable

                                                                           How do they bear one another , you ask?
                                                                                In her raging storms of madness ,
                                                                                    He is the rock solid anchor  she needs
                                                                               In his systematic way of life ,
                                                                           She is the right amount of adventure he seeks.        Dwitiya  Senguta

"Mr. Solo if you would just follow me this way I'll show you to your office."

Ben followed a bleached blonde down a long hall and couldn't keep his eyes off her round back side. The secretary had squeezed her size 12 body into a size 8 dress. Probably to entice the boss for a raise or a quickie in the copy room.

Perhaps both.

" You can get settled in but hurry, there's a staff meeting in ten minutes."

She offered the information through lips that had way to much deep red lipstick and his stomach lurched. He liked his women natural and with little or no makeup.

Rey's face flashed in front of his mind. She was fresh faced and real. She didn't need to paint her face to be beautiful.

He hadn't seen her in two days and fell awful for his behavior.

Just rushing out of her apartment when she was just trying to be neighborly . It wasn't like he had jet lag or anything. She just kinda overwhelmed him. Even in that brief time she had definitely made an impression on him.

Good or bad had yet to be decided.

He made it to the meeting five minutes early, he wanted to make a good impression on his new boss.

As he sat and waited he couldn't help but think of Rey again. He needed to find her and apologize for his boorish behavior. If they were neighbors they needed to be on speaking terms at least. You never know when you might need to borrow a cup of sugar or a roll of toilet paper.

The meeting was long and tedious. Ben's eyes glanced out the window more than once, admiring the Space Needle. He would have to ask Rey about it.

She kept creeping into his thoughts over and over. Sheesh! He only met her that once !

Blah, Blah, Blah Blah, and one more Blah!

" Would you like to stand and tell us a little bit about yourself?" Mr. Snoke's nasally twang interrupted Ben's day dreaming. So much for making a good first impression!

Ben was brought back to earth when his boss asked him a direct question. He felt like he was back in school and was caught ignoring the teacher.

" I'm sorry, can you repeat the question?"

It was a tedious first day. And on top of that , the company didn't have a computer for him and forced him to take a older lap top until a new one could be acquired.