Pink roses

She sees in Black and White,
                                                                                                  Thinks in Grey
                                                                                      But loves in color.....JM. Storm

           Rey was busting with curiosity about the exquisite music that came from Ben's apartment.  But he was never around to ask.

           She had been busy too, rehearsing every evening for an up coming concert.

            Finally  she heard his car as he parked and ran to meet him in the stairwell. 

"Hey there Mr. Paleontologist!"   She couldn't help teasing again.   "Long time ,no see!"

         He looked at her over his thick glasses , then swiped them off his nose to let them defog.

  "Hey Rey. Sorry I've been so busy . I'm almost to a break through with my brick."

     Rey was momentarily lost in his eyes.  She had only ever seen that color brown in the glass of whiskey her Papa  drank on a Sunday night.

      She rocked back and forth on her feet a little nervous now that he was standing in front of her.  Then  gathering all the courage and plunged ahead.

    "Wow , I'm so exited  for you!   You've been working hard on it."     

   He nodded and began to pick up on her agitation.  She seemed nervous and excited which was not like her at all .

    "What is it Rey?" He asked  bluntly, maybe coming across a little harsh.

   " Oh, I must be dreaming on my feet,sorry.  I've been meaning to ask you about your music."

   "What music?" 

"The other day. You know . I was practicing Beethoven's third Cello sonata  and you followed  along with some kind of instrument that I've  never heard before.
           First I thought it was the radio, but you followed me so closely and improved  it.  It was beautiful Ben, it touched my heart and made me cry."

       Ben looked at her like she had sprouted two extra heads but was confused and   intrigued that he would do something that touched her heart that he didn't even know about.
         But wait ,  he wasn't even home that evening, he had stayed late at the office to get some work done on his brick design.

      ""Rey, I don't think it was me doing that. I don't have any instruments. Maybe you should lighten up on the incense!"

      Was he trying to tease her back? 
She knew what she had heard and it definitely was not the radio and her incense was fine!

    " Okay then. Mr. smarty pants. If you want to keep it a big secret I can accept that."   She glanced down at the ground slightly embarrassed.

         She recovered quickly with a brilliant idea.  Maybe she could coax a little more musician out of him.

  "Hey , how about coming to my concert tomorrow night. If your free."  She looked expectantly up at him and held her breath.

   " Um......... sure. That would be nice."   He smiled widely . He would like to see her play for real  , not just practice.

"Okay great. I'll leave a ticket for your at the box office. Just mention my name."  She reached out and squeezed his arm before turning and running back  to her apartment.