chapter 11

Nobody's Pov

Even though the match between Mina Ashido and Yuga Aoyoma in the first competition was over, the audience's excitement and adrenaline remained the same.

After a few long minutes, the audience's cheering finally died down, and the second match began: Izuku Midoriya versus Hitoshi Shinsou.

"Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, girls and boys. The second game has started! The competitors are selected. Have finally arrived."

President Mic Announced with a screaming voice in the speakers, his voice was heard across the large stadium.

"The student from Class 1-A In our beloved hero course, it's Izuku Midoriya!"

President Mic added to the announcement. As the green-haired boy stepped into the fake but grassy field of the festival with a smile, he waved to anyone he saw in the crowd of many people.

"Then there's a student from the General Department, Class 1-C, Hitoshi Shinsou!"

President Mic added again with a tone of excitement as the purple-haired boy named Shinsou walked into the grass field, not even batting an eye with anyone in the crowd.

As soon as he stepped into the field, some of the students started whispering among themselves with their friends.

I heard that he was the reason Mashiraou Ojiro and Ningereki Shoda decided to withdraw from the finals.

Really? That's horrible.

I wonder what his quirk is.

I heard he manipulated Ojiro and Shoda with his quirk.

His quirk makes him more of a villain than a hero.

Shh! He'll hear us.

Boboiboy heard all of the whispers and wondered if Shinso heard them. If he did, he wondered why he was so calm about them.

"The rules are simple! President Mic said, "The only way to win is to get knocked out, ring out, or the opponent surrenders." President Mic announced:

After some unnecessary stalling from President Mic to hype the crowd, he finally began counting down for the battle to begin shortly.

"Everyone buckle up because you will be on the edge of your seats! President Mic commented through the speaker, " Is everyone ready? Well, I hope you are! The match begins now!"
President Mic Announced

Nobody made the first move instantly, and the stadium was silent while watching the two talk, which was mostly Hitoshi talking.

"Mashirou was a coward, dropping the finals just like that? It was a golden opportunity, and he quit? He's never going to make it. Shinso Insulted

Shinso purposely said that to activate his quirk, which is a brainwashing quirk that activates every single time somebody speaks.

But Midoriya didn't fall for Shinso's tricks—well, she was supposed to not fall for his tricks. but Izuku ultimately forgot about Shinso's secret.

"Don't you dare insult my classmate." Midoriya angrily told Shinso:

Then Midoriya finally realized what he had done, but it was too late as Midoriya saw the smirk on Shinso's lips.

Hitoshi activates his quirk and takes control of Midoriya's body with just a short response from Izuku.

"You're lucky that you were able to get such a heroic quirk," Hitoshi said bitterly with jealousy in his tone. "But enough chit-chat, I order you to turn around and walk out of bounds," Hitoshi ordered.