•Chapter Thirteen•

A loud crash was heard and Jack stood there horrified after what he had just witnessed.

No no no no no. My Zach. He thought

"ZACH!"

He screamed again as loud as he can and ran towards the unconscious and bleeding Zach. Almost not noticing the driver of the vehicle that crashed Zach escaping.

"GET BACK HERE YOU ASSHOLE!"

Jack screamed again but it was no use, the car drove swiftly, but Jack was faster he took note of the plate number of the car as it drove away.

He gently lifted Zach's head and laid it on his lap.

"Zach baby stay with me please, I'm sorry." Jack cried.

He got his phone from the back of his pocket and immediately dialed for an ambulance.

"Yes sir, the ambulance is on their way. Stay with us and don't leave the patient."

"Yes, please come faster, he's bleeding so bad. Please."

Jack stroked Zach's hair that had a little bit of blood but Jack couldn't care less.

After a minute or two he heard the siren of the ambulance not far along and he let out a sigh of relief.

As he held tightly the cold hand of the unconscious boy laying before him, he couldn't help but to sob harder as he studied his bloody face.

This is all his fault. He thought.

"Zach, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry baby." He sobs and leaned his head to Zach's forehead, not caring about the blood.

"Sir please, we need you to step back so we can take the patient." A nurse coming out of the ambulance said.

Jack immediately sat up straight, gently lifting Zach's head so it won't bump on the cemented road.

The medic's immediately lifted Zach on a stretcher and rolled it in carefully inside the ambulance.

Jack didn't waste time and followed them inside the ambulance to accompany Zach, not caring about his car that he'll leave on the road.

The ambulance drove swiftly to the hospital, while Jack caressed the back of Zach's cold hands.

After the nurse attached the tube of oxygen to help Zach breath he faced Jack to ask some questions.

"Sir a little bit of question." The nurse across from him said.

"What's yours and the patient's name?"

"I'm Jack Avery and his name is Zach Herron." Jack sniffled.

"How are you related with the patient?"

"I'm...I'm his boyfriend."Jack hesitated at first but said it anyways, I mean they're still 'dating' after all, they still hadn't officially broke their agreement off.

"Do you have a number to any of the patient's family members to let them know?"

Fuck. Zach hasn't told him about his family yet, heck he has no clue who they are yet, let alone have their number. Oh wait Jonah.

"I- um I don't have their numbers yet, but I'll try to call his friend." Jack said with his voice being hoarse from crying.

The nurse looked at him with a raised eyebrows but didn't ask anymore questions.

"Oh well then, we've already reported this to the police sir, the police is on their way to the hospital to talk to you about the incident." The nurse informed while Jack just nodded.