☆ Chapter 19 - A temporary home ☆

A/N  AFTER THE SUSPENSEFUL WAIT, IT IS HERE. Animatics, writer's block, combined with trying to learn two languages at the same time, ain't a good mix when it comes to uploading quickly

It may not be as 'juicy' as you guys were expecting, but believe me when I say it's a crucial part to the storyline ;)  The next upcoming chapters are going to be quite the rollercoaster of emotions, and will feature at least two new characters.

ONTO CHAPTER 19! God, I can't believe how far this book's come.

--------------------

Wilbur's POV

TW: Light mention of events in Chapter 18

It'd been half an hour since I'd left the house, and I was already lost. I guess that's good, though, huh? Just means any regret or guilt I had wouldn't tempt me to go back.. I didn't want to go back. Tommy has Techno, he doesn't need me, Phil's probably glad I'm out of his life (for now, anyway) and I'm here simply enjoying the tranquility of the outside world. It was certainly more peaceful than back at home, every direction held some element of nature - whether that be trees, flowers, even grass. And plants can't yell at you, nor slap you across the face and tell you how much of a screw-up you are. Tommy would sing to them when he was younger, just shows how calming they truly are.

Taking my backpack off my aching shoulders, I unzipped one of the pockets and pulled out my phone, opening Google Maps and searching up hotels.

Quite a few suggestions appeared. There was one in Stagbridge which was £32 per night, with free wifi - and free breakfast, but that didn't appeal to me. I tapped on 'Directions'. It was half an hour away, walking, which wasn't great, yet I couldn't buy an Uber or taxi so travelling by foot was my only option. There was always the option of sitting down somewhere, anyway.

With a soft sigh, I slung my backpack over my shoulder once again and continued to reluctantly amble down the path. Apart from the cars that roared past, and the shouts that could be heard from the local pub, all I could distinctively hear was my exhausted breaths and quiet sniffles. Just then, I felt my phone buzz in my hand.

Techno was calling me. Shoot.

I watched it ring a few times, debating whether I should answer or not. If I didn't, he may get worried, but if I do answer it, he may get suspicious. What if Phil was there with him? No, Phil can't do anything when Techno is in earshot.  So, with a shaking hand, I answered the call.

"Hey Wilbur, I saw your note, you get there alright?" My older brother asked - judging from the background noise, Tommy was with him. I hesitated for a moment, contemplating what to say. It was possible that my phone would pick up the sounds of the cars on the road beside me.

"It's just five minutes away, I've messaged my friends and they said they've all arrived." I spoke quickly. My voice seemed to involuntarily waver throughout the sentence.

"Awesome. You got everything you need? Toothbrush, toothpaste, pyjamas? Oh, and don't forget Mr. Wink."

Chuckling slightly in response, I scratched the back of my neck. Despite Techno's efforts to create a cheerful atmosphere, I still felt tense, guilty, regretful, traumatised, worried.. a lot of negative emotions, pretty much. I still vividly recalled the sound of glass shattering as the bottle smashed against the wall. Looking up to see a brown blur, then feeling an agonising pain in my side. It just made me shudder. Not to forget the object against my cheek.

"Wil, you there?" Techno's voice broke through my thoughts.

"Huh? Oh, sorry, must have bad signal. I've got everything. Even Mr. Wink."