☆ Chapter 27 - the talk. ☆

Wilbur's POV
CWs: Mentions of Chapters 23+26

As soon as we'd left the comforting, warm atmosphere of my bedroom, I immediately felt my heart begin to race whilst I followed after Techno. My older brother was visibly tense, and - although he tried to face away from me as much as possible - I could still see his puffy eyelids, as well as the way he'd form a tight line with his lips to prevent them from trembling.

Soon enough, I felt a subtle amber light envelop me in a caring embrace as soon as I entered Techno's room. Notes were laid out in a messy fashion, contrasting with his neatly-made bed, and polaroids were attached to a line of twine reaching from one corner of the room to another. Plants decorated his desk, as well as a pig lamp and a piggy bank. He's always loved pigs, that's probably the primary reason why he loves me, heh. At least I think he does.

At Techno's confirmation, I sat down on his bed, fiddling with my fingers whilst I waited for him to speak. Images from earlier flickered in my mind, each one causing me to flinch.. I didn't know how to feel about it.

"Wilbur?"

I looked up from my lap, and was met with a worried-looking gaze from my brother, who was crouched down in front of me so that our eyes were level.

"Hi." I mumbled in response.

"Wil, we really need to talk.." He sighed out before slowly sitting himself beside me. His hands were clenched into anxious fists which he kept on his knees. I could see the strain in his expression.

I kept quiet for a moment. If I didn't talk to him, I'd probably end up with a slap round the face - and I wasn't exactly in the mood for that, so I'd just comply, I decided.

"..What first?" I hesitantly muttered. Judging from what Techno knew, it'd be my aversion to food. However, it wasn't.

"Who were you with really?" He looked down at me - even though I was originally taller than him, my shorter chest meant he was taller while we were sitting. And it was intimidating. It seemed as though he'd grab my arm and shout at me to speak, despite how many times I told myself that he'd never hurt me.

That's what happened with Phil.

I hadn't realised he'd asked a question until his hand was placed onto my shoulder.

"Hm?" I turned towards him.

"Who were-"

"Oh, sorry. I uhm.." I could hear my heart pounding inside of my chest. I'd have to make up a lie, and fast. Wait, I could just use the letter, couldn't I? "I was with a couple friends, as the letter said. It was fun."

I felt Techno's eyes burn sceptically into mine. Did I mess up? I blinked at him, my throat tightening with every second of silence.

"That's not what you said in the car."

"Huh?" My expression turned from fear to confusion. The most I remember of the car ride is that it was very awkwardly silent.

"You said, and I quote, 'But I was alone?', which means you were in that hotel room with no one else." He paused. "So how the hell did you manage to get drunk, Wilbur? So drunk that not only did I have to carry you in, you slept through the entire rest of the day? Explain that, will you?"

My whole body froze. I tried to reply, but the majority of what I said came out in stutters.

"I- it- they- uh- they were.."

I finally got the lie out. But there was some truth to it.

"They stayed nextdoor.. Dream and- um.."