☁️Chapter 34 - Tell me ☁️

"Again." Wilbur spoke.

Within a couple of seconds, a familiar melody filled the room, formed through the vibrations of guitar strings. The cheerful, relaxed tone was mimicked, for golden beams of sunlight filtered in through the bedroom window to embrace it in a warm glow. The morning hummed a mellow tune through quiet chirps, refusing to redirect the attention away from the small, pale hands that trailed carefully down a wooden fretboard.

Bzzt! The string vibrated against it.

"FUCKING BITCH." The younger boy yelled, proceeding to strum out of frustration. The birds outside seemed to quieten down after that, as if they were guilty for participating.

"Now, now, Toms. You're doing great." Wilbur gave a light chuckle, watching from beside his brother. Both of them were sat on Tommy's bed, with the brunet struggling to see his brother's finger placement through strands of blonde hair. "Fix your posture, you look like a shrimp. And remember to keep your fingertip on the centre of the string, and pointed, as if you were doing ballet."

"Fuck ballet!"

Despite all his agitated statements and exclamations, Tommy continued to play the tune on Wilbur's guitar: 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star'. The taller of the two thought it'd be the best choice, being for beginner's, yet he was beginning to doubt that. Should've gone with Smoke on the Water, or Wonderwall, instead... definitely.

After a couple of tries, separated by random note-playing and string-strumming, Tommy was finally able to play the full tune, to which a triumphant smile grew on his face whilst he threw his hands up in positive disbelief. It almost sent the guitar flying onto the floor, yet Wilbur successfully - and fortunately - caught his prized possession before it could make contact with anything other than air.

"So, how was that?" Wilbur asked with a subtly triumphant smile on his face.

"It was amazing! Glad I didn't have to do any barre chords though, Tubbo said they're difficult even on the ukulele." Tommy shrugged, making grabby hands for the guitar again and proceeding to repeatedly perform hammer-ons. He said they sounded like Yoshi.

"Yeah, barre chords are a bitch." The brunet agreed with a light chuckle. "You're doing really well though! Maybe you'll be able to do them soon with more practice."

Then, Tommy perked up with excitement filling his blue eyes.

"Do you think Dad would let me get my own guitar?" He grinned then, without waiting for an answer, ran out of the room yelling for Phil and leaving Wilbur sat on the bed, awkwardly and rhythmically tapping his knee.

Then, he too got up.

~×~
Wilbur's POV
TW: Very brief mention of Self-harm

A pleasant smell filled the kitchen, wafting into the living room where I'd sat to watch some television with my older brother. He was watching a programme about renovating chairs, rather interesting. His eyes seemed fixed on it, whereas my attention was shared between the TV and my phone.

Dream had messaged recently. He was mostly talking about how he had a cat now - the hotel didn't allow pets, so it had to stay at his parents' for the time being. It'd taken quite a liking to George, apparently, I'd have to meet it soon. We'd been talking for a couple of minutes, and it'd been enjoyable as always. I told Dream about how I'd taught Tommy a song on the guitar, and he spoke about his own musical achievements.

"Wilbur." I heard Techno say my name, and lifted my head to look at him. "Finally, called you twice."

"Oh, sorry." I said with a dismissive tone, turning my attention back onto my phone.