Chapter 14: Get Your Toffee Pt. 2

JISOO POV

Making my way through the alleyway and out of her sight, I looked up and saw that Jin was keeping her distracted.

"JUST DIE ALREADY!!" she yelled, trying to shoot Jin.

Finally, Jin made it to the west building, but not until the woman could get a clear shot and shoot him in the leg.

"AHHHH!!!" I heard Jin yell out.

"I GOT YOU, HAHA!!!" the woman screamed and shot her bullets in the air.

Finally, I got out of the shadows and disarmed the woman with her gun.

"Get down," I said, kicking her legs to make her kneel.

With her hands behind her back, she began to struggle.

"GET OFF ME!!" she yelled.

Continuing to struggle, the women finally fainted onto the ground. I tied her arms and legs together and brought her over to the side where the local law enforcement could take her in.

"Jin," I remembered.

Running as fast as I could up the buildings, I saw Jin lying there, with a blood puddle. She got him good in the leg.

"Fuck," Jin mumbled.

"It's going to be okay," I said, taking off one of his layers and wrapping it around his legs.

I got Jin off the ground and began to carry him to down the building. Soon when we got down, the townspeople began waking up. 

"Uhhh," Meredith groaned.

"What happened," Greg said.

"Are you guys okay," I asked them.

"Jisoo, what happened," Meredith said in a shocked tone.

"The toffee lady seemed to have poisoned the toffee, luckily Jin and I didn't eat it just in time for us to take her down," I said.

"Oh my, what happened to your leg," Meredith said.

"He got shot, by her gun," I explained while Jin groaned in pain. "Do we have any doctors here?"

"Here, let me take him back to the house," Meredith and I helped Jin back to the house.

Back at the house, Meredith began prepping her table for the wounded.

"Jisoo, go to the kitchen and make some tea for us," Meredith said.

"You got it," I replied.

Brewing and stirring, I made 3 cups of tea and brought them over to Jin and Meredith.

"Okay, dear, this might sting, but it will kill the bacteria it has with the wound," Meredith said as she was putting some anti-bacterial liquid.

Once it hit Jin's skin, Jin grabbed on the couch.

"AHHHHHH!!!!!" shit it burns," trying to be quiet. 

"Jisoo, there is more liquid I need to put on. Can you hold what I'm down for," Meredith asked.

I held Jin as Meredith put more liquid in him.

"FUCK!!!" Jin yelled.

"Shhhh," I covered his mouth.

"Okay, I need to take the bullet casing out of your leg," Meredith said. "This liquid was to numb you; you won't feel a thing."

With a pair of tweezers that Meredith pulled from her kit, she slowly went into Jin's leg and pulled the bullet out of his leg. After that, Meredith grabbed a piece of cloth and covered it around Jin's leg.

"Here, have some tea," I said, helping Jin drink it.

"Mmm, it's good," Jin mumbled out.

"It's sweet tea, my special," Meredith explained. "No, try not to move too much. You won't heal anytime at all this week, and also be careful around the ice."

"Thank you," Jin said.

And with that, Meredith packed her injuring kit up and walked to the other room.

"I'll give you two some time," Meredith said.

I look back at Jin, who was now holding my hands.

"We have one more bell left," Jin said.

"I know," I said.

"I saw the last image in the clocktower, the elves," Jin said. "You know what it means."

"No, but I'm sure the last bell will be an all-out war," I said. 

*holds hand firmly*

"Hey, Meredith told you not to move yet," I said as Jin moved.

"I know. I'm just uncomfortable in its position," Jin said. "You know, there's one last bell, Jisoo."

"I know," I mumbled.

"I saw the picture, with the elves taking down the people. I don't know what that's hinting towards, but I have a bad feeling about it," Jin said.

"We need to warn the people," I said. "Get them prepared for this. Tomorrow, let's get to the safe house and find out when that bell is going to ring, then we know how much time we need to prepare."

Jin tried to move again, but his leg was too injured. It didn't look good. He can't even get up properly.

"HEY MEREDITH!!" I yelled.

"Yes, Jisoo," she came out of the other room.

"Is it okay if my friend here stays for the night while he heals," I asked?

"Oh sure, I'll get a cot out and place it in your room," Meredith said.

Helping Jin down to the bedroom, I finally was able to get the weight off me and place him on the mattress that Meredith placed on the ground. I took off my coat and shoes and got into my sheets.

"It's almost over, I can feel it, just one more bell, and Parvus is saved," I thought before shutting my eyes.