Chapter 2: Exploring Parvus

JISOO POV

"Jisoo, this is where you will be staying at, well until you can solve this case," Greg showing me a small room in the house.

The room wasn't the greatest, but it will do. It has a desk with only 2 legs holding it up. And a wooden bed, with the frame having scratches and a quilt blanket.

"Thank you," I said.

"Also, Jisoo, tomorrow, I suggest you put that car in the back of our yard," Greg said.

"Oh, why," I asked.

"Some of these people haven't seen a car in a while, and the kids here haven't seen a car in their life. People want might want to break in," Greg explained.

"Okay, noted," I said.

"Alright, goodnight," then Greg left my room.

I managed to get my coat off and put it on the rack, then went over to my bed and laid down. I watched as the snow dropped onto the ground. That's when my eyes shut, and I went to sleep.

DECEMBER 5TH

"Good morning Jisoo, up so early," Meredith said in the kitchen.

"I don't know what it is; it doesn't matter how much sleep I get; I wake up around this time," I said.

"Well, here are some coffee and breakfast," Meredith handed a plate to me.

"Thank you," I said and then took a sip of coffee.

"Morning," we heard Greg say.

"Morning, honey," Meredith kissed Greg.

"Mmm, eggs," Greg sat down in the dining room.

"So Greg, where should I start," I asked him.

"Mmm," Greg mumbled.

"The case, I want to know if you have any leads," I asked.

"Oh, you can start by heading over to the clock tower; that's where The Inventor lives or lived at for that matter," Greg said.

"Okay, let's go," I got out of my seat.

"Wait, Jisoo, are you not going to eat," Meredith stopped me.

"No, that's okay, I'm used to heading out without any food," then I left the house. 

It was a quiet neighborhood. Sure there were a lot of houses near us but only a few people I see out. To the right, there was this big clocktower hovering over the rest of Parvus; you couldn't miss it even if you tried. No cars around, probably a good thing; I mean, you could literally walk everywhere. Anyway, making my way to the clock tower, I went through the town center. That's where most of the people as they were opening up their shops and other things. When I got to the front of the clock tower, there was a guard who stopped me. 

"Sorry, mam, you can't go here," he said.

"I'm with the Noctem Beach P.D; they sent me down here to investigate," I showed them my badge.

The guard let me in. The entrance was blocked by yellow tape, but already inside it, there was a staircase leading up to the main system of the clock. As I headed up, I noticed glass that has been broken into pieces on the staircase. When I made it up to the main area, I saw the clockwork with its contractions. And a bell that was part of the system. 

WARNING: BELL RINGS EVERY 12

Well, it used to. I guess The Inventor found a way to stop it. Anyway, I looked, and one side had a mattress, a desk, and a bulletin board with some things written on it, most of it scribbled out. Guess he didn't want anyone seeing his work. But there was something written, covered smudge, but still readable. 

HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY

"Have a happy holiday," I mumbled to myself.

What could that mean? Have a happy holiday? There wasn't much on the bulletin I could lead off with, but it was something. Exploring the area some more, there was a backroom near the mattress. When I went, there were lots of boxes covered in dust and cobwebs. Inside them were nothing but extra gears, rusted away, losing their silver lining. Although there was something in the back, writing on the wall. There were drawings, pictures of things. 12 people playing drums; I guess those were the 12 drummers drumming. But next to that were Santa and his raindeers. The front has a red nose, Rudolph, and the final drawing, a snowman picture. On the bottom, there were numbers written on the wall. 

09584

"Is this a code," I thought

After a while, I took some pictures on my phone and left the room. When I headed out, I saw a figure in the same room as me. I ducked in cover and peeked my head over to see what was happening. The man was covered in black, having a gas mask on. The only details I could see were his long black hair. He was grabbing things from the desk.

"Hey," I called out.

The man turned around to see my head and began running down the stairway; I got out of my spot and began to run after him. 

"COME BACK HERE!!" I yelled out.