Chapter 17: Attack Of The Robot Elves

DECEMBER 23RD

JISOO POV

This is it. Today is the day the elves attack. The protocol was that everyone arms themselves and stays vigilant in the center. I was at Jin's safehouse as I was watching him finish up the communicator.

"Okay, it's done," Jin said.

"You sure," I said.

Jin put down his tools and turned on the machine. Beeping noises were coming from it, and Jin was able to put in the right frequency. 

"Okay, let's try it," Jin said.

(COMMUNICATOR)

Jin: Hello, Alpha to Bravo

There was nothing

Jin: Noctem Beach, do you copy

"Damn it, it doesn't work," Jin slammed the communicator down.

"Well, keep trying, okay," I said.

"Jisoo, it's almost night, and we need this machine. You said it yourself," Jin said.

"You know what, Jin, it's fine. After this is over, we can go back and fix the communicator," I said. 

And with that, Jin and I left the house and went over to the center with the rest of the people. 

"Hey Jisoo," I saw Meredith. "This is really it, huh."

"Yeah, the final bell," I said.

"I'm not ready to die today, not yet," Meredith said as she was holding out her kitchen knife. 

Everyone was getting ready and anxious. The snow was falling hard. Most of us were staring at the clocktower, waiting for that bell to ring.

"Jin, you sure it's going to ring," I said.

"Jisoo, I upgraded Alex to the point of no upgrade. I'm sure Alex has this right," Jin replied.

Then it happened, those familiar chimes that rang.

*ring ring*

Everyone was one full alert, with their weapons out guarding the place.

"It's happening," Jin said.

"EVERYONE, KEEP YOUR WEAPONS CLOSE!!!" I yelled.

I was scanning the area, looking for elves, but there weren't any.

"Where are they," I heard a person say.

"OKAY, STAY HERE!! I'M GOING TO CHECK IT OUT!!!" I shouted to the townspeople.