eight; triggers

Warning: this chapter contains
violence and sexual themes.

Theo knew straight away that something wasn't right as soon as the wolf turned back into a human before them. After Scott had gave the man some form of privacy with his jacket, he thanked the alpha and that's when everything went to hell.

Over time Theo had come to recognise the rhythm of Ava's heartbeat and what the different rhythms meant. So, when her heart started thudding at an alarming rate in her chest when she heard the man's voice, Theo knew she was angry. Not the everyday kind of anger, but the true anger that she was capable of feeling that he'd tried to use against her in the past by manipulating her into killing Scott for him.

Theo and Scott didn't have any time to react before Ava had jumped at the guy with a vicious growl, her claws and fangs already out and her body shaking with rage. Her fist slammed into his unsuspecting face brutally, knocking him back down to ground. Her claws were firing down rapidly, cutting the guy up more than he already was from the torture he'd endured. The scent of blood was overwhelmingly strong, and one of the only scents that Theo could pick up on in the basement, along with fear coming from all of them.

Theo finally found he was able to move after being momentarily frozen, and he grabbed Ava's flying arm when she reared back to attacked again. He pulled her off of the half-naked man who was wheezing and choking on his own blood, his heart slowing down from the pain.

"Ava, Ava, stop." Scott said, his alpha authority flowing through the air.

Scott also grabbed onto the girl and they both tried to keep her restrained. Theo could push his pride aside and admit that she was stronger than him, being a real werewolf and everything, but even with the added strength from Scott; they were unable to hold her back, her anger giving her the extra strength that being a werewolf just enhanced.

An elbow smashed into his nose and Theo accidentally loosened his grip on the angry beta. Grabbing his nose, he looked up and saw that Scott was also hit and now had a lot of blood dripping from his nose and down his cheek from Ava's claws that were dripping blood all over the floor as she returned with a vengeance back to her intended target.

Scott jumped in between Ava and the man she was about to lash down on with her claws. Scott's blood coated her claws as she hit him instead. Ava didn't seem to care who her target was anymore, as her golden eyes flared and she prowled over to Scott. The alpha wasn't making any offensive attacks, not wanting to hurt his beta, but he was ready on the defensive side. It wasn't lost on Theo, the irony of the situation; having wanted this to happen the previous year, wanting Ava to hurt the true alpha, but that wasn't to case anymore.

Theo watched as Ava pinned her alpha to the wall with a clawed hand raised in a position to make a fatal strike after she'd got a few more hits in, the scene very familiar to when she pinned Nolan at the zoo, losing complete control of herself. Doing as he'd done then, Theo hit her over the head hard enough to render her unconscious, and catching her as she fell backwards.

"Thanks." Scott said, wiping the back of his hand under his nose to try and get rid of the blood.

"No problem." Theo muttered, lifting the the girl up into his arms, looking back at the bloodied werewolf on the ground that'd passed out from the multiple wounds on his body. "I've been trying to be good for her, Scott. But if that's who I think, then I will gladly go back to my psychotic killing ways as Stiles would probably like to say."

Theo carried Ava out of the warehouse, thankful they could all get out before the backup hunter's arrived. Theo could hear Scott following behind him, supporting the weight of the other werewolf. When they got outside, Argent was already in his car with the redheaded girl and the two wolves who were chained up on the fence with Ava. Isaac and Derek were waiting by Theo's truck, both looking his way when they scented the mass of blood approaching.