Brendan then to the City

This is going to be an extra long chapter so be ready ;-) ~ The Love Writer

Harmony, Brendan, and Matilda arrived at Brendan's house. His house was half crumbled, the other half looked like it was about to fall. They searched the house but they only found his late dog, Sidney. They left his house and started towards Harmony's. "Are you okay Brendan?" Harmony asked as she looked to him to see his gloomy face. "I'm fine, just a little bummed we couldn't find my family." He said. She thought for a moment. "Maybe they made it out. Maybe they just already evacuated or something." She said trying her best to cheer him up, though she needed cheering up too.

Harmony's house was in the country, about 10 miles away from the city. They still were in the city so they all knew, it may take a few days to get across town. At nightfall they found a abandoned Hotel that was half broken, but was still pretty stable. They went in and spent the night there.

Harmony woke up in the.morning and saw sunlight. She thought "We slept in the half of the building that wasn't broken, why am I seeing sunlight?" And she looked to her side. The building was gone, all that was left was her room and the kitchen at the bottom, she knew that there may have been a silent earthquake. "Matilda! Brendan!" She said as she sat up quicky. They all slept in the same room in case this happened. They woke up. "What..?" Matilda said and her eyes widen. Brendan looked around, sleepy and when he saw the bottom, he was awake. "What happened!?" He said as they all stood up. "I don't know, maybe a silent earthquake!?" Harmony said. Matilda walked to the edge, and their room swayed to the right, then left. "Matilda! Don't move.." Brendan said, they all stayed still and the room stopped moving. They were on the 7th floor. They will die if they jump, and if they move the building will sway. They thought this was the end, but Harmony had nothing to say to that..

After a few hours Harmony developed a plan. "Okay so we will move the biggest mattress to the edge, the other mattress of the other side. We all lay down on our stomachs on one mattress and we will kick the other mattress off the building, the building will sway, pushing us down and we will slide down over all this rubble to the bottom on our mattress okay?" She said. Brendan and Matilda nodded and they got to work.

They layed on their stomachs, Brendan was the tallest so he kicked the mattress down and the building swayed, they held on the mattress tight and they slide down. They slide down the rubble, clenching the mattress holding in their screams. They made it. They stood up and they made it, no injuries. They looked up and the building was still swaying. They heard cracking, the building was about to fall. They ran and jumped over the rubble and the building broke, falling to the ground. The ground shook when it collapsed and they were away from it. They walked away from the once was a building and started towards the main part of the city.. Where food should be.

As they arrived at the city, it was like a ghost town, it was so quiet and empty. How they remembered the city was full of beeping cars and buildings full of people. Everyone would have a coffee in their hand. But not one being was there besides them.
They ran into cafes and building, Matilda was in charge of drinks, Brendan the main dish, and Harmony sides. Brendan went into a big cafe with all of them and Matilda got 3 waters and 3 hot cocoa's. Harmony grabbed strawberries, and some coffee cookies, to keep them awake. Brendan went into the kitchen and found plastic containers that had grilled cheese sandwiches, pasta, or a hamburger. He grabbed three grilled cheese sandwich boxes and they all left to go eat. They sat on a bench and ate. Aferwards they left the city in silence. Harmony thought of all the people who have died here. After this catastrophe, it will be remembered as the worst event in history...

They were walked, they just got out of the city and were in a small town called Mavenville. Nobody was there of course so Matilda, Harmony and Brendan just passed through.

Nightfall came and they were forced to sleep outside. Matilda was sued to it, turns out when she disappeared in 7th grade, she just ran away because her father was drunk one night and he had a gun. She fell asleep peacefully and Brendan did too, but Harmony was too cold and scared. She was shivering when Brendan woke up, sroof up and walked over to her. He sat by her and put his arm around her, and they both fell asleep. Morning came and they woke up. They looked around and Matilda was nowhere to be found. "Matilda!?" Harmony yelled as they both stood up and started to look for her. Matilda climbed down from a tree with some apples. "Yeah?" She said as she handed them the apples. Harmony sighed in relief and they all ate appela fro breakfast and started their journey again.