Chapter 23

Y/n's POV:

Quackity forces Dream's head up with the tip of his blade. Dream complies with little resistance, his eyes are full of hurt and guilt. He seems lost in his own feelings as if he wasn't even here. Blood starts to draw from the blade, a thin trail traveling down his neck. In a spurt of panic, I step closer.

"One wrong move and he's gone," Quackity warns.

"Quackity, please," I try to keep my voice as level as possible. "Please!" My voice rises in fear.

"Why not, y/n? He deserves it, does he not?" Quackity applies more pressure onto the blade as if taunting me.

"Alex!" I shout in panic. He freezes for a second, glancing at me. I take a deep breath, trying not to provoke him any further. "Please don't do this..." I whisper, trying to hold back tears as I look at Dream.

"Give me one good reason," Quackity scoffs softly.

"I need him, Alex. Please don't kill him." I rack my brain for something to stall him. "Would Karl want you to do this? To kill people?" Quackity stiffens at the mention of Karl.

"I don't give a shit what Karl thinks. He doesn't even remember who I am anymore..."

"Alex, I don't know what you want me to do. Please, I'll do anything, just let him live. You've tortured him enough!" I cry, Dream looks up at me with hooded eyes. His expression full of sadness and anger.

"Clearly not enough," Quackity glares down at Dream in disdain, more blood trailing from the wound. Dream squeezes his eyes shut, wincing in pain.

"Stop! Alex, please, I'll do anything just stop!" I shout in panic.

"This seems familiar..." Quackity chuckles softly. "Anything to save your little boyfriend, isn't that right, y/n?"

I stare at Quackity, the words lost in my mouth.

"You sick bastard," Dream spits, and Quackity only laughs.

"Alright enough talk," Quackity's voice turns serious again. Dream and I lock eyes, a trace of fear lingers in his.

He's scared. Of course, he is, he's scared of Quackity.

"Quackity, listen-" Dream starts.

"Shut the fuck up, Dream!" Quackity raises his voice and Dream instantly closes his mouth, his eyes widening slightly. (Someone better gimme a bottom Dream smut fanfic after this😗)

"Hear me out!" Dream's voice rises frantically as the blade draws more blood. "Please..." he whispers.

"What is it, Dream? What is it you wanna say that'll make me change my mind?" Quackity rolls his eyes.

"If you kill me," Dream takes a breath. "Death will be permanent. If one of you dies then there's no going back. Is killing me really worth it?"

"There won't be any deaths if you're dead!" Quackity argues. "The only reason Tommy died was because of you, the only reason anyone's died is because of you! You're the one causing the deaths, you're the one causing the wars! You're a menace, Dream. A fucking menace. You kill, you cause pain for mere entertainment!"

"And you?" Dream retorts. "You admitted there was no reason to torture me, but you did it anyway."

"I'm sorry, Dream. I truly am!" Quackity chuckles softly. "But I think it's time for you to go..." Quackity grips the sword tightly and my breath hitches in the back of my throat.