Chapter 16

Wilbur's POV:

I've decided not to confront Quackity about Tubbo. There's too high of a risk that it'll ruin my plan. I have to give it up on trying to help Tubbo. Helping Dream and y/n is something far too important to mess up. I just wish-

I feel someone bump into me, bringing me back to reality. I stumble backward, catching my balance.

"Ran-boo?" I question.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you..." Ranboo shifts back and forth awkwardly. "It's, uh, Ranboo, by the way." He corrects.

"Yeah, of course, sorry. It's been a while, man. How are you doing?" I ask, continuing my way to Las Nevadas.

"Me? I've been fine..." Ranboo clears his throat.

"Listen, we didn't really get to know each other that much the first time we met. I didn't mean to come off as rude or anything, I just want to get to know you better. Maybe we can be friends?" I ask, slowing down my pace.

"Yeah, yeah," Ranboo agrees. "We should talk more," he nods encouragingly.

"For being such a neutral guy, you sure do appear in a lot of conflicts. Don't get me wrong, I can't say much about conflict, but why do you claim you're so peaceful and somehow appear in almost every conflict the SMP has had since I've died?" I ask, pausing every once in and while to talk.

"I mean, I don't know- it's a weird situation and it's mostly my fault. It's just because I really want to help sometimes and my desires to help people get in the way of my morals." Ranboo explains with a sigh.

"Ranboo, why are you choosing to talk to me right now? I mean, I've tried talking to a lot of people, they either run away, ignore me, or stare at me like I'm some kind of display." I scoff slightly and look back at Ranboo.

"Well, you're an alright person. I guess I have no reason to not talk to you. I also did wanna get off on a better note with you-" Ranboo starts.

"Why?" I cut him off. "Why don't you think I'm a bad person?" I stop in my tracks.

"I think that you did bad things, but you also went through things that made you that way. I also think that you've changed now. Anyone who's been away that long can change. I'm hopeful with it," a small smile spreads across his face.

"Thank you, Ranboo," I pause. "Can I be real with you?"

"Yeah, of course."

"I think I- I think I scare people... they stick to your idea of thinking, but only so I won't hurt them." I sigh in frustration. "I've spoken to Jack Manifold and do you know what it took for him to forgive me?"

"What'd it take?" Ranboo asks.

"A sorry," I raise my hands up in exasperation. "Imagine if Dream said sorry to Jack, what's Dream done to Jack? Barely anything. If Dream said sorry to Jack Manifold, Jack would ignore him. Do you know why?" I pause, my voice rising with every word.

"Why?"

"Because Dream's in prison and I'm not! They're wishing for the next thing for me to slip up on! I'm not Dream, but sometimes I wish- I wish I was! I'm living in an eternal limbo..." I pause as we reach Las Nevadas' entrance. "Honestly, Ranboo, we have a lot in common. We'd be really good friends, don't you think?"

"Friends?"

"Yeah. You and me, huh?" I grin.

"Friends... I guess so, I'd like that." Ranboo nods, matching my grin.

"Enough about that topic. What do you think about griefing, Ranboo?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Griefing? I mean I don't know-" Ranboo starts.

I sigh, cutting him off. "Don't worry about it. If it's too much trouble for you, I can just work it out myself..."

"No! I can help you," Ranboo assures, nodding vigorously. "As long as it's minor griefing I guess it's ok..."

"You trust me, right?" I question.

"Yeah," Ranboo nods hesitantly. "Yeah, I- I trust you."

"Good," I pat him on the back with a chuckle. "Oh, Ranboo, I can already tell we're gonna be real good friends..."

Quackity's POV:

One day later

"So, Quackity, I was thinking... since you wanted to upgrade the strip club-" (where u strip logs, obviously🙄)

"Wait," I quickly cut Foolish off as we enter Las Nevadas. "What happened over there?" I point to the Las Nevadas Restaurant. Foolish shrugs and I squint to get a better look.

"I'll be back," I grumble in annoyance, heading towards the building. As I get closer I see broken glass shattered across the ground. "What the hell?" I whisper, stepping inside. There's a crater in the corner of the restaurant, a small sign next to it. I pick it up, my brows furrowing in confusion as I read it.

*** Ranboo did this ***

I throw the sign into the rubble, my fists balling up in anger. "That motherfucker..." I storm out of the griefed restaurant, pushing past a confused Foolish. I head straight for my office, barging inside.

"Quackity!" Charlie stands up instantly, greeting me with a wide grin.

"What the fuck did you do?" I shout, Charlie takes a step back. "I gave you one fucking job! One job!" I yell.

"Wh-what?" He looks away, clearly holding back tears.

"The restaurant got griefed! Don't play fucking dumb with me, Charlie! I told you to watch over it, I told you!" My voice rises with every word as I stand right in front of him.

"I'm sorry-"

I cut Charlie off as I grab his chin forcefully, "you can't do anything fucking right, can you?" I push his face away, scoffing lowly. I regret the words as soon as I say them.

Charlie's eyes widen, tears falling down his face. "I hate you-" he sputters, running towards the door. "I hate you Quackity from Las Nevadas!" He sobs as the door slams shut behind him.

"Charlie!" I shout. "Charlie, wait-" I break off, knowing it's hopeless.

I let out a long, irritated sigh. I find myself subconsciously grabbing a drink. I sit down, bringing the bottle to my lips and taking a long sip. I sit back, hearing quiet sobs from outside my office.

I feel my heart sink in my chest as a memory from long, long ago resurfaces.

I quickly set down my drink, pushing it far across the table. I look down at my hands in shock, my breath quickening in realization.

I'm just like him...

A/n: history repeats itself. Schlatt and Quackity, Tommy and Ranboo, Wilbur and Revivebur...

sorry, this update took so long! At least we got some Wilbur lore😩 also LESGAOO Red Rabbits on the mcc win. Ok but the second-hand embarrassment I got from Tommy's new vlog 😭 that girl was doing too much, SHE KICKED HIM TOO LIKE 🍴👹

Dream and y/n angry seggs. Soon🤞🤭