End

CW: blood//death

Y/n's POV:

Wilbur wraps his arms around me, shielding me from the explosion of the fire charge. I don't dare look until it's over, scared of what I might see. My body feels cold, even though it's scorching hot. I can't seem to feel anything, completely and utterly  numb.

For a moment, a small moment, it feels like that day, months ago when Wilbur pressed the button. When Dream had held me tight as I watched my own brother, my own country die in front of my eyes.

His warm embrace doesn't cease, even after the explosion dies down. Almost like he's holding- clinging- onto me, not wanting to let go.

Ranboo is no where to be seen, I can only remember him running off just as the fire charge was thrown.

I finally pry myself from his arms, slowly walking over to see the destruction. Techno stands there, he glances over at me, almost giving me a sad sort of look. Most of the guards are on the floor, motionless. Others run away, wounded and injured. Flames lick at the outskirts of the clearing, hungrily engulfing the small trees and bushes.

Suddenly, I spot Dream. Ash and soot covers his face, he sits up weakly, brushing the grime off his cheeks. He look up at where we're standing, his eyes landing on each of us in turn. First Techno, then Wilbur, then me.

His eyes rest on me for a moment too long, his expression faltering.

"Should we go down there?" I ask, surprised at how hoarse my voice sounds. Wilbur nods, again shooting Techno a look.

What is up with them?

I decide to ignore it as we trudge down the steep hill, down to the clearing where Dream is sitting. I see his eyes widen suddenly as he scans his surroundings. He pats down the floor next to him, eyes darting back and forth frantically. We all quickly join him.

"Sapnap..." Dream's voice is a dry croak. "Where- where's Sapnap?" His voice rises slightly in panic.

My heart slowly drops in my chest as I realize Sapnap's body must've burnt in the flames from the fire charge. I kneel down next to Dream, untying the ropes that bond his hands together. He lets out a sigh of relief as the rope falls loose, his gag already lost in the process. Ash slips through Dream's fingers as he grasps at the foundations beneath him desperately.

He stands up shakily, dusting himself off. Wilbur hands him an ax, I quickly realize it's his own ax, the enchanted netherite one that's glows purple in the dim lighting. The one we all knew far too well. My eyes widen as I see it once again in Dream's hands. I thought Tubbo had that ax, stored away after Dream had been sent to prison.

His eyes gleam a little as he takes it in his hand, loosening and tightening his grip on the handle. I soon realize they all have weapons, Wilbur his dagger, Techno his sword, and Dream his glowing ax.

"Dream," I place my hand on his shoulder tentatively. His head instantly shoots up, his eyes meeting mine for a split second. There's a look on his face that I can't quite make out, looks like an expression of guilt mixed with determination. "Where will we go?" I ask, my voice quiet. A have a sick feeling that I'm not going with him. That nothing between us will be the same. Ever.

He looks at me again, a flash of sorrow in his eyes. "Nowhere," though his voice is soft there's a tinge of authority laced between the words.

"Nowhere?" I echo in confusion. Dream pauses, as if contemplating what to say next.

"You're not going anywhere," he emphasizes the word 'you're' making my blood run cold. I look at him in bewilderment, what the hell is on about?