CHAPTER 3

5

5

:05 A.M. 11/25/22

Groggily waking up, I can still feel terrified in my dream. I don't know what comes to me but I just dream of zombies trapping me inside a room. It might be because of what Keisha said to me but my brain became paranoid for a second.

Looking at the curtain on my room almost covering my windows. Its bluishness can't be seen if it weren't for the small light seeping through it and my room would be completely dark.

Dawning at the thought of having class today, I begrudgingly stood up at my bed while scratching my eyes to remove the morning dust.

Attempting to fix my bed, a call from my phone caught my attention. Picking it up, my eyes squinted by the sudden light, I tried to read the caller id. It was Keisha. Why is she calling?

Answering it, the vibration of the phone finally stopped.

"Hello?" Keisha's response never lasted for too long as she replied, "Good morning Kiaaaahh!"

"Morning. It's still early, why are you calling?"

"Oops, right hehe, I forgot to tell you yesterday night. I won't be coming to school today."

"Oh…why?"

"Remember when I told you my dad is acting suspicious, well… Last night it was calm until later he began acting frantic more than ever, like… restless, if you ask. Then he tried to convince us (which is not very convincing) to come with him to City Z. So here I am."

"Really, have you told Jonah? Oh wait.." A notification popped up to my phone, it was a message from Jonah. Quirking my eyebrows I speak to Keisha, "I think I shouldn't go to school now."

"Huh? Why? Did something happen?", asked Keisha.

"Yeah, looks like Jonah can't come to the school too. He just messaged me this time. He said he's having a major headache right now."

"I haven't told Jonah yet, but well how do you look at that? So… you're not going to school too? Mr. Tang will get angry, you have to think of a very plausible excuse right now."