𝟙𝟙

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

How Very Foolish Of Me!

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

A COUPLE OF weeks had flown by, Francis and Astraea hadn't talked to each other since that morning when Mary's dress was poisoned, or the maid faking it like it was poisoned. Turned out Simon had paid one of the maids off to do that and then arranged for her to leave the country. only bad for him, the carriage broke down and before he could send the maid away, Mary caught her and Simon in a bed.

Astraea had heard about the impending war of England and Scotland, and even though Astraea wanted to do something about it, she couldn't.

Then one day, one of her ladies told her that Mary's uncle was visiting her making the young princess Astraea grow even more concerned about Scotland.

Finally, giving in, Astraea went to her brother talking to him about her plan. When James said it was a good idea if she thinks about doing it, Astraea went straight to Francis, who was standing on the grand balcony of the castle. "I want your help with something."

He turned around to look at her but then scoffed and turned around once again. "Not exactly the words I was thinking I was going to hear from you after thirteen days."

Astraea rolled her eyes at his dramatics and continued the speech she had thought of. "I want you to tell Mary that I'm willing to help her."

"You are insane." He finally looked into her eyes. "If you do that, you will be destroying your kingdom's alliance with England."

"Not the first time I have destroyed something." She shrugged. Francis scowled making her sigh. "Look, Mary Tudor can't hurt me because I'm first cousins with King of Spain. I realized this late but I did. She's married to one of my cousins and because of that, she can't hurt me. I am family — not closely related, yes, but still, family."

"Maybe you haven't been here for the last, I don't know ten or twenty years, but Mary Tudor doesn't care about family. All she cares about is power."

"I'll be fine, Francis. Mary needs this."

"She can get help any other way. Not this."

"No, she can't. And you know it." she pointed out. "Look, I'm just asking you to propose this to her, okay?"

"Why are you not doing it yourself?" he asked with narrowed eyes.

"Because I know that right now Mary sees me as a threat to her marriage alliance with you. She might be my cousin but seeing us together, she clearly doesn't like me very much. Not anymore at least. Because of that, she won't accept help if it came from me. But if you told her then it would all turn out perfectly."