chapter five.

(0201/2021)

no way! look, an update! 😱

hi, hi! roses (me) is back with another update after more one month 🥳🤦‍♀️. i know, surprising. originally, i planned to publish this chapter after a week or two of when i posted chapter four of this book (does that make sense? idk 🤡) since i had this zero-drafted beforehand. but of course, being the talented and productive woman i am, i ended up procrastinating for a whole month before i actually finished drafting this chapter.

the next plan was for me to get this chapter out on new years on the first day of 2022 (even told some people about it *cough* jeira *cough* coffee (goingjihan ) *cough*.) but obviously, i just love to procrastinate! 🤡

but here's chapter five of 'chances'. i edited this in a car with half a headache so i probably left a ton of typos/ grammatical errors 😬.

ANYWAYS, ENOUGH OF MY SAD EXCUSE OF AN ESSAY TO EXCUSE MY LAZY ASS, HERE'S YOUR CHAPTER. 😭😱🥳🤡🤩😇

also, happy belated new year, hotties! 🥳🎉✨

. . .

[[WARNINGS: SEXUAL HARASSMENT AND MILD DESCRIPTIONS OF VIOLENCE]] i'll mark the start and the end of the scene with sexual harassment with a "—" for those who are sensitive of such topic.

Jeonghan's phone vibrated under her pillow, the ring exploding in her ears.

She groaned, sitting up, fishing for the said device underneath her pillow. She was in a peaceful dream of nothing, draped in one of Seungcheol's white hoodies, when she was woken up by an unpleasant ring of someone calling her.

The phone layed on her hand, vibrating, the sleeves of the hoodie reaching past her fingertips—the fabric all thick and soft against her porcelain skin.

The contact"Joshuji" was written across the screen and for a moment Jeonghan's heart skipped a beat, beating once again in sync when another ring patted on her hand. Ring, ring, ring. She immediately picked it up.

"Jisoo..." she rasped, using her fingers to gently rub the sleep out of her eyes. She yawned into the fabric on her palm, her back falling against the dark wood headboard behind her. She yawned again.

Music muffled through the phone.

Jeonghan tilted her head.

She heard movement in the background. Despite the loud music piercing through the phone and into Jeonghan's ear, she could hear other noises too—all muffled along with the upbeat melody in the background. Screaming, singing, the noises of sloppy kisses that cringes wetly in Jeonghan's ear. She was about to pull away, no intention in hanging up, but full intention to get the unwelcoming moans and deafening music away from her ear.