chapter six.

two chapters in one month?
y'all are spoiled 🙄

this chapter is for @shuasfrenchtoast.
thank you so much for your message on my wall,
and thank you for motivating me to finish and
publish this chapter (even if you don't know it).
😚💘✨

also, this is literally 6k+ words.
ashjbshdsa, i think i need help.

sorry for any typos/ grammatical errors.

. . .

[[WARNING! MILD SEXUAL CONTENT]]

Jeonghan woke up to the fresh smell of roses

Her eyes fluttered open when she took another whiff of the youthful scent, blinking away the blurriness of sleep coating her vision. Her eyes met with her window. Instinctively, she squinted them—unfamiliar with the sudden brightness of sunlight scintillating through the white lace curtains and glittering warm specks of yellow on the white bed space in front of her. Empty. A pretty sight nonetheless.

"You kept it huh?"

Jeonghan jumped, her wide eyes frantically searching across the room until she could pinpoint the voice with her eyes.

"Shuji?" she rasped, her voice barely a whisper and much deeper from sleep. She coughed in her fist, trying to rasp the drowsiness out of her throat. When she spoke again, it wasn't as hoarse or as deep as before—though, still quiet. "Why are you here?"

Joshua laughed, watching as the woman sat up as she reached for the duvet to cover her legs. "Shouldn't I be asking that? I was the one who suddenly woke up here in your apartment."

Jeonghan's eyes furrowed in an attempt to recount the memories that happened last night. She tilted her head. Apparently, Jeonghan's brain can't function like a normal human being in the morning. Joshua laughed again.

Cute.

The slight reek of booze curled up Jeonghan's nose and memories of the loud music and the colourful neon of the dance floor flashed in her mind. Joshua could see the gears turning in her head and he couldn't help but let out another laugh, his beating heart joining in as well, at the adorable sight in front of him.

She let out an understanding hum, stopping herself from getting too far into the thought. So many things happened last night and if Jeonghan continued to pace through every single bit, she's sure she'll already have a headache from the third step.

Josuha interrupted her trance with a smile. He was sitting criss-crossed on the floor next to her. Was he watching her sleep? "You kept the rose I gave you. I thought you'd throw it away."