chapter eight.

i wanted to wait until Ramadan ended to post this chapter to keep it halal but, it looks like that's not happening! 🤡

[[WARNING:  SMUT!!!]]

. . .

The door of a stall swung open as Jeonghan released an exaggerated yawn.

Nayeon laughed as the younger female plopped a seat right next to her. She leaned onto Jeonghan, her head resting on her shoulder with a smile across her face.

Their boss forced them to work for more hours after a worker made an impromptu (and very irritating) decision to quit after shoving a whole breadstick down a costumer's face after said costumer apparently forgot to say thank you.

Jeonghan and Irene saw every single detail play in front of their eyes and it traumatised them for their whole shift. All three woman somehow got dragged into the mess and had to pay the price by working an extra four on top of their already seven hour shift. The thought of killing themselves instead would have been a better option.

"I'm seriously going to kill that boss." Jeonghan whispered, wrapping an arm around Nayeon's shoulder who bursted out a laughed right next to her. Jeonghan winced at the volume of the sudden sound but pulled her closer nonetheless.

Nayeon wrapped her arms around her waist as an apology. She rolled her eyes. "I know right, it's not our fault he hired a stressed-out-seventeen-year-old with anger issues and antisocial behaviour."

Another one of the changing room's changing stalls swayed open. Irene stepped out of it, somehow still looking like a collected goddess with her black off-the-shoulder shirt and the same and only washed out jeans she owned—as if eleven hours of work with the bare minimum of a one minute break did not increase her blood pressure and slowly eat her inside and out.

She pulled her hair into a ponytail as she said, "Count me in, I won't hesitate to choke that dickhead until he turns purple."

Nayeon and Jeonghan nodded in agreement.

The clothes Jeonghan was wrapped in was the total opposite to her drowsy and worn out mood. A short bright pink dress curved gracefully around her slim body, muted down with her feet engulfed in black hightop converse and Joshua's racer jacket he gave her just yesterday hugging around her arms and shoulder comfortably—hiding the back-zipper of the dress. Other than the silver studs for earrings, jewellery were worn to a minimum.

Nayeon spotted something in the corner of her eye. "Where did you get this from?"

Jeonghan flinched when her hand reached up to the side of her head. "Eh?'"

"The hair clip, I just noticed it now." she raised an eyebrow. "It doesn't look like something you'd get."

Jeonghan smiled, pink tainting her cheeks as her fingertips glided the smooth plastic of the purple hair clip. "Someone gave it to me..."

The older woman's eyes narrowed, but her bunny teeth was showcased with her lips curled up. "Oooo~ Who's the lucky guy?"

Jeonghan pushed her on the shoulder and shook her head, her appearance completely contradicting her actions; the pink on her cheeks growing brighter and the smile on her face widening to a grin.

"You only have that smile when it's something related to Shua~"

"Nayeon..." Jeonghan pouted,

She giggled, pinching the other woman's cheek. "Awww, you're so cute."

Jeonghan rolled her eyes but then erupted into a fit of adorable giggles as she wrapped her arms around Nayeon's waist and buried her face in her chest. Said woman crooned, hugging back and pulling her close.