Chapter 4: Nobody Feels That Way

You trudged into the tower with dried tears on your cheeks. Your nose was red and your eyes were puffy as you looked around the living room. Wanda and Vision sat comfortably on one of the curvy red couches watching a black and white sitcom.

    Careful not to make your presence known you tiptoed to the elevator and mashed the open button. Seconds passed and around the corner you could hear Wanda's familiar laugh. You were still adjusting to fact that she was real.

Everyone was real. It was still a big shocker but Loki did give you a reality check. You couldn't just walk around acting like you know everything about them because you weren't supposed to. You weren't even supposed to be there and you didn't want to disturb them while you were.

And that is how you came to the brilliant conclusion to self-isolate. That night you heard a few knocks come to your door and with no response you heard faint whispers every time the shadowy footsteps passed. Friday most likely already told you were home just hopefully not what you were doing.

You sat curled up on the small cream colored couch with blank blue notebook you found in the nightstand drawer. In your hand you held a black pen with immense grip and scribbled over and over. Black circles laced what you had already jotted down on the thin paper pages. Your pen's ink started to leak through the sheets and tear mini holes near your most aggressive spots.

Tears streamed down your face as your eyebrows furrowed. Your pen ran out of ink. For reassurance you scratched a few times on your skin. You were overcome with emotions and your sadness turned to frustration.

It a fit of rage you chucked the pen and book with a yell that led to a sob. A loud crack rang through the large bedroom. The pen had managed to lodge itself into one of the floor to ceiling windows. The top part of the frame shattered and crumbled slightly covering the oak wood floors with shards of dangerous glass.

"Are you hurt?" Friday's robotic voice spoke up.

"No. Thanks Friday," your voice cracked and you stood up making a beeline to your en suite.

    "Should I call Mr. Stark?" She inquired.

    "Do what you must," you sighed and ran cold water in the sink. You washed the ink stains off of your hands and the tears off of your face. Your eyes were puffy from crying along with your nose being red.

"Y/n..?" Tony creaked your door open and stepped into the crime scene.

"It was an accident," you muttered and emerged from the bathroom wiping the water away from your face with a white towel.

"Yeah I know, are you ok?" He asked genuinely.

      "Yeah I'm fine..I'm fine," you repeated yourself. He only nodded and summoned an Ironman repulser. He aimed it at the window and sent a blue beam that began to seal the hole.

      "I'm sorry, Tony." You spoke up as he worked.

     "About what?" He inquired.

     "I know you guys don't want me here. I didn't mean to..it was an accident.." You trailed off.

      "Y/n, it's okay. Nobody feels that way. We all think its cool that you're from another universe. Sure it's strange but so is everything else that happens in the tower," he assured you.

      "Yeah nobody feels that way," you laughed dryly.

      "Look we're having pizza tonight. I can have someone bring it up to you or you can come downstairs," Tony suggested.

      "I might come down," you responded.

      "Okay," he stood up, "please sweep this," he sighed and gestured to the glass shards on your bedroom floor before exiting your room.

      "I don't know where the broom is Tony!" You called after him. You listened for a response but all you could hear were his footsteps receding.

      "Do you need assistance?" A cool British voice spoke up from behind you. You jumped and turned around to face Loki who smugly leaning on the newly fixed window.

     "Not from you," you snapped.

      "I'm here to apologize. I've read your work," he responded and flicked his hand out allowing the blue notebook you had thrown to appear in his hand beneath the emerald shimmer of his magic.

      "Don't read that," you pleaded and lunged forward to retrieve your book.

      "Too late. I didn't realize how my words might have affected you," he started, "so I'm sorry." He apologized and gave you a hopeful look before snapping the journal shut.

      "Your apology was weak but given that it was most likely your first I'll accept it," you sighed and pulled the book from his hands.

      "Now I will repeat my question: Do you need assistance?" He asked again.

      "Just point me in the direction of a broom," you requested.

      "The closet you landed in when you first arrived," he responded before fading into a green glow.

       "Thanks," you whispered.

*

Oli <3

Oli <3