Chapter 2

Jami's pov

There house was amazing. It had the underground basement where I had been in the first place, then the first floor. That's where the living room, kitchen, and dining room were at. On the second floor was a game room, bathroom, two bed rooms with ensuite bathrooms, then there was this room for paint ball. I grinned when they showed me all the guns. I know what your thinking, 'You? With paint guns?' My parents couldn't get me to fit the perfect child roll. I am shy now, but before we moved to Florida from California, I was one of the guys. I missed them all the time. I wasn't as shy and I had my family around me. I sighed at the memories. Tyler and Henry looked at me curiously, but I ignored it and said,"So where will I be sleeping." I was surprised I was being so calm, but they were nicer to me than my father has been in a while. Tyler and Henry were thoughtful for a moment before Henry piped up,"You could sleep in my bed with me." He wiggled his eyebrows at me and I rolled my eyes. "I'll just sleep on the couch." They tried to argue, but I wasn't having it. I went down stairs and asked the time. "10:50" I nodded and said,"Night Tyler, night Henry." They sa.id there good nights after giving me a pillow and some blankets. I waited till they were out of ear shot, I laid down and attempted to cry myself to sleep. I missed my mom, my old dad, my boys back in Cali, and most importantly, the old me.

Tyler's pov

We went upstairs to our own beds. I laid down in mine and just stared at the ceiling. She was beautiful, with her brown hair and big brown eyes. You could tell she wasn't usually shy, something made her that way. I wanted her. I like her a lot and I want to hold her. I went down stairs, deciding to put her in my bed. I was surprised to see her with her face down in the pillow, her body shaking with sobs. I wrapped both of my arms around her, pulling her into my chest. She wrapped her arms around my neck, allowing me to carry her. I took her up to my room and laid her down gently on my bed. I got in next to her, pulling her into my arms, putting her head on my chest. She wrapped her arms around my waist, snuggling into my chest. She started hiccuping and I whispered,"Do you want to talk about it?" She thought for a moment before nodding. "I've lived in Florida for 4 years now. Three years ago, my mom died in a car accident. I hid more into myself and my father became a drunk. He was tougher on me, like today my report card came in and I had all a's and b's and a 79 in science. That's my worst subject and he knows it. He yelled at me and he always calls me a slut." She hiccuped, before continuing,"I don't sleep around or anything. Like I said, I keep to myself, but boys try to flirt and girls get jealous. I can't help they find me attractive and I try to make friends with some, giving them my number, but trying to hook up. My dad saw all the text messages and heard a few of the phone calls. I went to that park because it was abandoned and somewhere I felt safe and alone. Until somebody tried to kidnap me." She chuckled, or attempted to since she was still hiccuping every now and then. "Back in California, I did have to worry about grades and things, but my parents became owners of some business and we relocated. I miss my friends, like Jason, Malik, and Jessie. We had Nerf gun wars, playing laser tag, paint ball. We always hung out." She smiled sadly and continued,"I hope they still hang out." She sighed and said,"I haven't talked to them since I left. I used to be so much more open." I hugged her tight and said,"I don't mean to interrupt, but we need to go to sleep. It's already 2:01." She looked surprised but nodded. She got up and I grabbed her waist, pulling her back into the bed. "Where you going, Jami?" She looked so confused, and adorable, how she scrunched up her nose- I sound like such a girl. "The couch." I shook my head and said,"Will you sleep in here with me? I won't try anything, promise." She nodded, looking sleepy. I pulled her back on my chest, covering us up. "Good night Ty." I smiled at the nick name and said,"Night babe." I fell asleep, having the best dream ever. Not like that you dirty people...