Chapter 5

Tyler's pov

I knocked, really needing to get into the bathroom to get ready. Julia threatened to burn me with her straightener. You don't get in between her and her shopping. The door opened slightly, Jami's head poking out and all she had on was a towel. I tried to act normal, but I could tell she saw how surprised I was. "Yes?" I attempted to cover it up, saying,"I need to get in there to get ready." She nodded,"Give me a minute." She shut the door, then came out a minute later in some shorts, a pink sweater top, an her hair to the side in a braid. I smiled, walking into the bathroom to get ready, but all I could think about the whole time was her in that towel.

Jami's pov

I put on some socks and pulled on some pink converses. I started cleaning again, putting clothes into the hamper, putting the food and garbage in the trash pile. I start to walk around the masterpiece when Tyler comes out shirtless. Seeing his muscles distracts me, causing me to trip, falling into his chest. He wraps his arms around me instinctively, saving me from falling. He smiles and said,"Falling for me already, are we?" I rolled my eyes and stepped out of his strong, warm arms. I scoffed and said,"Please, I tripped on the garbage I just cleaned up from our room." He raised a brow as I realized what I said. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that. I know it's not my room-" he cut me off and placed his lips gently to mine. He left them there a second before pulling away. "Why do you keep kissing me?" He smiled as Julia yelled for us to hurry up. "Later." I grumbled,"That's what you said last time." He chuckled, dragging me down the stairs. We all climbed in the van, driving straight to the mall. Tyler and Julia dragged me in as Anthony and Henry were ahead of us talking about some new video game they planned on buying. Julia finally managed to get me into the store and into the dressing room. I ended up with a bunch of shorts, jeans, tees, and a few new undergarments. The worst part was paying. Anytime I tried to pay they wouldn't let me. "I'll be back, I got to use the restroom." I headed off in that direction, before making sure they couldn't see me. As soon as I was sure, I turned and went into a shop. I bought Anthony some new shoes, Julia a friend necklace, Henry a hoodie, and Tyler a BFF bracelet. I don't really know them, so it was small stuff. I bought it, before heading back to my friends. They all looked at the bag and said,"What'd ya buy?" I smiled and said,"You'll see in the car." We did a little bit more shopping and went out to the car. I handed out everyone's gifts and they all told me thank you. Anthony helped Julia with her necklace and Tyler helped me with mine. Mine was a cookie and hers was a glass of milk. I put Tyler's bracelet on him and he put mine on me. It was this thing in a braid and it had BFF written across it. I smiled and traced the writing as Henry drove home. We had already eaten, so we went straight to bed. I snuggled into Tyler and said,"Want to explain the kisses?" He chuckled and simply said,"I like you. I took a leap and hoped you liked me enough to kiss back and not slap me and shove me off." I giggled and said,"I like you too." He smiled and said,"Then Jami, will you be my girlfriend?" I nodded and planted my lips on his. We started making out, until we decided we were going to far. We pulled away breathing hard. I leant my head on his forehead and said,"That means we can't wear our bracelets." He looked at our wrists and he said,"Darn, well we'll keep them." I nodded and said while yawning,"Night Ty." He smiled and said,"Night Jami." He kissed my lips lightly, before pulling away and letting me fall asleep.