Chapter 8

Jami's pov

I heated up some food as I thought over the conversation I had with my father. His voice drifted through my head 'Me and my friends will deal with your little boyfriend'. I shivered as I thought about what he'd look like when they were finished. I finished the breakfast for him and sat it down in front of him. He noticed I was still upset, so he wrapped his arm around me. "It's ok babe, I got you. We're safe. What's going to happen?" I gulped as ideas ran through my brain as fast as the number one track star. "You could get arrested, or beaten up by my father's goons." He smiled softly at me. "Don't worry about it, what's going to keep him quiet anyways?" I thought back to the conversation before replying,"Money or for me to come home. I guess I could get a job and come up with some money." I picked up a newspaper, looking through job descriptions. I didn't find anything good, so I laid it back down, sighing. I started pacing when there was a loud bang. I realized it was someone knocking on the door. I answered it, surprised and horrified at who it was. "D-dad what are you doing h-here?" He smiled and said,"I want 10,000 dollars by the end of this week." He turned on his heel and called,"I'll be here for the money, or you if you can't come up with it." I gulped, thinking about he would treat me if I went back. I went back inside once I watched him drive away. Tyler looked at me ,unconcerned and unknowingly, asking,"Who was that?" I managed out,"My dad" before collapsing on the floor in sobs. Tyler scooped me up and hugged me tightly into his chest. "He wants 10,000 dollars or I come home. He wants it by the end of this week." He nodded and said,"We'll all get jobs." I shook my head,"I couldn't make y'all do that. Wait, if you don't have jobs, how do you pay for this house?" He smiled and said,"My rents pay for me." I nodded, glad for a subject change. I decided I was going to look for a job at the mall. Tyler decided he was going to get a job too. I objected, but he just wouldn't listen. We got ready in semi-fancy clothes, going back down stairs. We got in the van after writing a note for Julia, Anthony and Henry.

When we pulled up to the mall, I was nervous. We walked in and started asking around. After a while of looking, we had no luck. I sat on a bench and sighed. Suddenly, a bigger woman walked by, talking loudly into her blue tooth. "I can't find a model good en-" she glanced at me and stopped talking. She said,"I'll call you back." She hung up and smiled at me. "Hello there! I'm Teresa, and I'm looking for a model. You will be paid a good amount and you have an amazing body. Would you like the job?" I nodded, surprised I found a job by sitting on a bench. She gave me a card and said,"May I have your number as well so I may contact you later?" I nodded, writing it on her hand. She smiled and said,"Thank you dear, I'll contact you later!" She called it over her shoulder as she walked away. I smiled and did a fist bump. Tyler laughed and said,"Lets find me a job!" He plopped down on the bench and waited. I laughed, pulling him up and towards the food court. "Come on, lets get some lunch."

Tyler ended up getting a job working at chick-fil-a. We drove home, since we wasted most of the day walking around. When we got home, Tyler explained the situation, while I did my online classes. We ate steak, mashed potatoes, and mac and cheese for dinner. I moaned and said,"This is some freaking awesome food!" We spent the rest of the night, hanging out and laughing.

Henry's pov

I watched Tyler and Jami snuggle up on the couch. I couldn't help but feel a little bit of jealously run through me. I had a little crush- no who am I kidding a big crush on her. She giggled, making me smile. Her laugh just lit up the entire room. I knew she didn't feel the same but I would see if I could change her mind if I ever got the chance.