i.l.y

The wind swirling was getting stronger at every second passing by. He notices the wound on his palm had healed on its own and felt his chakra now being pulled out of his body.

He might pass out at any point if this continues on.

Soon, the swirling wind started to take form. Starting from the bottom and raising up slowly.

His nerves were going haywire, watching the whole thing unfold right in front of his very eyes. This was it, it's about to begin and he's trying to prepare himself for it.

The spirit finally reached its full form, Shikamaru took a quick scan at it. It had no face, very long hair that looked all over the place, and no legs. But it did have hands, hands that we're holding tightly onto a long strand of beads.

He kind of understands why people were scared of spirits and ghosts now.

Ino and Choji watched the whole thing with him, eyes wide opened and they held their breath a bit. They started feeling even more worried about this whole thing but they couldn't just run in and stop.

The wind had died down soon after, but the swirl drawn on the ground still glowed a bright red under the spirit.

Shikamaru wasn't sure what to do, or even what to say at this point. He was basically just staring at it while it stayed silent, having its front side facing him.

"Is it you who summoned me?"

The tone of its voice sent shivers down his spine. It was airy and even echoed.

He carefully thought out the right words before talking to the sprit. He gulped down his salvia, trying to ease his drying throat and began responding once he thinks he had solid answers.

"Yes, I am the one who called for you"

. . .

"What is your name boy?"

"Nara Shikamaru"

The eerie atmosphere between the two made Shikamaru feel a little nervous, the fact that it's faceless and still able to talk to him irked him.

The spirit hummed lowly, flying a bit closer to Shikamaru and swirled around him.

"Very interesting... tell me, what is that you want? The reasoning?" the spirit asked even more questions, stopped and hovering right in front of Shikamaru.

He tried his best to keep eye.... contact? with it, ignoring how close it was to him and pushed forward.

"There's this person, someone who's close to me that had his life taken away by a curse. His name is Uzumaki Naruto, I want him to continue on living"

The spirit let out a few chuckles, pulling itself away from him and back to the center of the swirl. "Why of course, when someone loses a close one, they too will do everything they can to bring them back. Having grown attached to them and not being able to let go~"

It stopped moving again, now hovering above Naruto's tombstone, tilting it's head downwards.

"I see that this poor little soul left with many regrets, a boy who always thought more about others than himself. However, it sounds like the rest I've heard before, nothing to unique"

It then snapped it's head back up, "Why should I grant your want? Does he truly deserve to come back? What makes him different from the rest? What makes him stand out? Why dishonor his noble sacrifice?"

He thought a little bit more, connecting words together hoping that it was enough to persuade the judgment. He only had one shot at this so he needs to do this correctly.